Worst Team Ever?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Edit: the below appears to be wrong, see different possible schedule here (or just keep reading, post #38): http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/159248-worst-team-ever-2.html#post1640959

Sure it can Claude !

Now the question should be:

How many games in a row will the Lions extend this record too ?

Of course no one has seen the schedule for next year , but Do we really NEED to see who they play anyways ?

Jimbo

We can see who they'll play:

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?cont_id=73110&CFID=42516379&CFTOKEN=104d67f64556a0d8-83D7992B-802A-2040-EBE050684052E0BD&jsessionid=5830e2fba2e1$CEh$C3$

Which i think is...

Home: Arizona, St Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NYG, Philly, Dallas, Washington

Away: San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New Orleans

Something could be off/wrong there.

Last edited:
Lions promote Tom Lewand to Team President and Martin Mayhew to GM.

BOTH have been with the Lions for quite awhile now.
NOTHING is going to CHANGE in Detroit in the foreseeable future as far as the Lins are concerned.

They made NO EFFORT to find a bonified NFL caliber GM from the looks of things. :(

This is a sad situation when they won't hire someone from outside the organization.

Have to look ahead for two years; worst part is that they will have to draft a QB who will have to learn trial by fire . . . always hated that . . . college kids need a minimum of 2 yrs on the bench to learn the NFL game . . . maybe the Lions can get a veteran just to hold the reins for a year or two

wow that is ridiculous jimbo . . . they don't even take a minute to think about it . . . fans should protest and not renew their tickets next year

Have to look ahead for two years; worst part is that they will have to draft a QB who will have to learn trial by fire . . . always hated that . . . college kids need a minimum of 2 yrs on the bench to learn the NFL game . . . maybe the Lions can get a veteran just to hold the reins for a year or two
Already tried that with Kitna

We still Culpepper under contract for next season. With such pressing needs on defense (any position), and the fact that we WILL have another top 5 pick next season, I don't see any urgency in picking a QB this draft. Plus I think there may be a better crop to pick from in the 2010 draft. A monster LT like Andre Smith (Alabama) would help protect the fragile Culpepper. Brian Orakpo (TEXAS DE) would go a long way to helping the Lions immiedetly.

We can see who they'll play:

Detroit Lions Site: NFL Schedule Rotations for 2002-2009

Which i think is...

Home: Arizona, St Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NYG, Philly, Dallas, Washington

Away: San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New Orleans

Something could be off/wrong there.
Code:
HOME
Arizona
St. Louis
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
[B]NFC East	[/B]

AWAY
San Francisco
Seattle
Baltimore
Cincinnati
[B]NFC South[/B]

Each team plays the other teams in its division home and away each season in addition to games listed; last game in each column to be determined by previous year's finish.

Ya, as the page says this scheduling will either be redone or dropped after the 2009 season, so we'll see what they do. It's worked well IMO, at least until we get new expansion team(s) or changes to the schedule (more games, etc) which might be worth a thread on it's own, some good and very bad ideas out there.

Code:
HOME
Arizona
St. Louis
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
[B]NFC East	[/B]

AWAY
San Francisco
Seattle
Baltimore
Cincinnati
[B]NFC South[/B]

Each team plays the other teams in its division home and away each season in addition to games listed; last game in each column to be determined by previous year's finish.

Yup i think I did/read it wrong. I think it should be:

Home: Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Washington, Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago

AWAY San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, New Orleans, Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago

- division

- based on record

For those of you who remain skeptical about the Lions place in history as the worst team ever, check the NFL thread for my "Daze of our Lions" post. The numbers tell the story. A recap of the season:

Falcons 34 Lions 21
Packers 48 Lions 25
49er's 31 Lions 13
Bears 34 Lions 7
Vikings 12 Lions 10
Texans 28 Lions 21
Redskins 25 Lions 17
Bears 27 Lions 23
Jaguars 38 Lions 14
Panthers 31 Lions 22
Bucs 38 Lions 10
Titans 47 Lions 10
Vikings 20 Lions 16
Colts 31 Lions 21
Saints 42 Lions 7
Packers 31 Lions 21.

The Lions did play a pretty tough schedule this year:

Entering the final weekend of play, seven NFL teams had four wins or fewer: Cleveland, Oakland, Seattle, Cincinnati, Kansas City, St. Louis and Detroit. We will call them the Group of Misery.

Thirty-one of the 32 teams in the NFL get to play at least two games against that group.

The 32nd team is the Lions. They don't play any games against the Group of Misery.

Think of what that means. The other six teams in that Group of Misery all get to play at least two other games against one another.

In other words, for the purpose of winning one game over the course of a season, the Lions easily have the toughest schedule in the whole sport.

Losing for dummies: How the Lions do it | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts