Favre teammates NOW throwing him under the bus!

Perhaps if Favre would put in the extra effort to work with his teammates they wouldn't say things about him. And part of the reason the defense was letting up points at the end of the year was because Favre kept giving the ball back to the other team.

Sandra

now thomas jones is back pedaling on his comments :rolleyes: stick with what you said before. you meant it so stick with it. you lose credibility that way.

I'm talking about this part of the story:

"A veteran Jets player, quoted anonymously by Newsday, described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his down time away from teammates in an office specially designated for him."

That socializing thing doesn't mean squat to me.

good.

I think Cowher is really smart in avoiding a Jimmy Johnson-Dan Marino type situation. Although Marino was still performing pretty well; Johnson, in deference to Marino, could never make the team what he wanted it to be. That also came to an ugly end -- a 62-7 blowout loss to the Jaguars in the playoffs.

this is an excellent point. you don't want two large ego's going at each other. it's a huge distraction to the team. a veteran coach would most likely want Favre out of the way except for maybe shanahan.

this is an excellent point. you don't want two large ego's going at each other. it's a huge distraction to the team. a veteran coach would most likely want Favre out of the way except for maybe shanahan.

Or maybe Cowher doesn't want to coach the Jets because if Favre retires, they really don't have a QB.

Perhaps if Favre would put in the extra effort to work with his teammates they wouldn't say things about him. And part of the reason the defense was letting up points at the end of the year was because Favre kept giving the ball back to the other team.

Sandra

They were also scoring almost 26 points a game...MORE than enough to win if the defense would do their part. Look, I am not denying he had a hand in ALL their losses....but the defense giving up that many was also a major part of the blame.

now thomas jones is back pedaling on his comments :rolleyes: stick with what you said before. you meant it so stick with it. you lose credibility that way.

He has no credibility.....whether he was telling the truth or not. That is an INTERNAL ISSUE...and he pussed out by going to the media to air out frustrations.

He has no credibility.....whether he was telling the truth or not. That is an INTERNAL ISSUE...and he pussed out by going to the media to air out frustrations.
"...Jones, who made his first Pro Bowl in nine seasons, was voted team MVP and also won the Dennis Bryd inspirational award..." I think that gives him plenty of credibility amongst his teammates. And he didn't exactly backpedal in his clarifying remarks:

"The only thing that I could give my opinion on was the interceptions. And that's what I did," he said. "As far as him coming out of the game, that's not my call just like if I'm the game and I'm not playing well, and I have two or three fumbles, that's not my call."

The nine-year veteran said he hasn't discussed the comments with Favre but likely would.

"I'll talk to Brett. Everything is cool with me and Brett. He's a great guy," Jones said. "We have a lot of fun over there at work. I answered the question. I would expect him to answer the question the same way about me if I had two fumbles and it was a situation where I wasn't playing well and he answered the question the same way. I wouldn't look at him any different. I wouldn't be sensitive to the answer because we all know in this league you have to protect the football to win.

"Bottom line, we make a lot of money in this league to go out there and make plays and win football games, and as a team everybody has to be accountable. I have a great relationship with Brett."

He did go on to make your point, though:

"There's not one person on that team when we win a game. Everybody on that team contributed. The trainers, the practice squad guys, everybody on that team contributed. When we lose a game, everybody's included. Everybody could always do something better.

"So of course when things aren't going the way you want them to go it's not a personal attack on that player as an individual performance. We get paid a lot of money to make plays."

They were also scoring almost 26 points a game...MORE than enough to win if the defense would do their part. Look, I am not denying he had a hand in ALL their losses....but the defense giving up that many was also a major part of the blame.
But, don't forget that many of his turnovers put the defense in a very tough spot regarding field position or giving up points directly (pick six). Some examples:

His first interception, in Week 2 against New England, gave the Patriots the ball at the Jets' 31, and they drove for a touchdown and a 13-3 lead late in the third quarter. Against the Chargers on Monday night, Favre was intercepted twice. His first was returned 52 yards for a touchdown, putting the Jets behind by 10. His second set up a six-minute, 45-yard touchdown drive to give the Chargers a 17-point lead with about three minutes left in the first half.

yep. that's exactly what he looks like now, a pu**y or as you and I understand it "a puta." ;)

No, una puta enconderia detras un tal Ed Werder, sin dar su nombre.

un hombre se lo dice cara a cara de quien se esta hablando.Es un pendejo. Y se dice (una puta se esconderia detras de un tal Ed Werder:D) I'm messing with you brain

55382_L.jpg

un hombre se lo dice cara a cara de quien se esta hablando.Es un pendejo. Y se dice (una puta se esconderia detras de un tal Ed Werder:D) I'm messing with you brain

55382_L.jpg
Si, tienes razon se me olvido el "se." Eso pasa cuando se trata de escribir demasiado rapido. :D En el informe de hoy, Jones dijo que hablaria con el cara a cara. Ademas creo que es diferente porque Jones respondia a las preguntas del anfitrion. No buscaba la prensa para criticar a Favre.

Si, tienes razon se me olvido el "se." Eso pasa cuando se trata de escribir demasiado rapido. :D En el informe de hoy, Jones dijo que hablaria con el cara a cara. Ademas creo que es diferente porque Jones respondia a las preguntas del anfitrion. No buscaba la prensa para criticar a Favre.

Es cierto. Lo vi por espn. Voy a dejar de escribir en español antes que no llamen la atención. Seguiremos conversando Brainiac o cerebro grande:D

I would think Cowher would rather find his own QB than have to take Favre at this point of his career.

Yep. at this point Favre is more of a hassle than anything else. Like I said before,if shanahan came into the picture don't be surprised if he actually would want favre to stick around another year.

Those examples were in week 2 and 3....:rolleyes:
My bad, I thought losses and bad performances early in the year meant as much in the final standings as late ones do. Thanks for correcting me on that. :up

I could find many other late season examples as well, but I don't have time right now...

Where was all this criticism after the Jets beat the Titans? Was Favre socializing with his teammates more then? Was he nicer to them in the middle of the season? Salsa's got it right, this is finding someone to blame when things went wrong. When Pennington leaves and gets his new team in the playoffs and Favre doesn't do the same for the Jets, who gets the blame?

I caught some of the Miami game. Favre took a worse beating in that game than he did all last year with the Packers. Are the Jets offensive linemen there to block or help the QB up after he gets hit? The part I saw sure made it look like they're really good at helping Favre get up off the ground.

The Jets went from 4-12 to 9-7, from being bad to a little better than mediocre. I know it hurts and looks worse that they folded at the end, but did Jets fans really think they were going to the Super Bowl?

I knew this team had more problems than it was showing when Coles made the comment that he used to be the focus on offense and this year everything revolved around the QB. I don't know what it is with WRs and their ability to make everyone unhappy. If you don't believe me, take a look at Dallas and Owens' jealousy over Witten catching passes. It tore that team apart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)