Favre wants out of Green Bay and to play again!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Farve mentioned that he wants to be released so he can chose where he wants to play, he's already said he wants to play for a warm weather team and wants a team that will contend this year.
Not to many teams ready to contend that don't have star QB's already.

Maybe Jacksonville is the place he out to go.
Nothing wrong with Garrard, just think they can get farther with Favre, regardless they have to QUIT beating my Steeler's every year.

Jimbo

He may have a spot with the Eagles.
Another good contender would be the Chargers.
Trash Rivers, he is weak.
My decision about the chargers was because, 1 its hot in CALI, 2 he will have a better team to work with...or I should say already an excellent team to work with, 3rd LT+Favre = Dynamite.
Not a huge fan of Chargers or Favre, but I think that would be his best bet to get a legitimate Super Bowl ring shot.
Packers aren't going anywhere next year, so I doubt he will be staying there.

He needs to hurry the heck up so they can add Favre in the Madden 09 roster.

[YOUTUBE]Eket0S0MrHc[/YOUTUBE]

Oh god, it looks so sweet, I can wait to rape people on the 360.

a neighbor of mine, a diehard cheesehead and favre fan told me last week, he wants brett to stay retired. for the past few years, my neighbor kept saying brett should come back for one more season.

let me say this....brett favre will go in the books as among the 5 greatest quarterbacks to play the game. but like many of his predecessors, he doesn't know when to say when. i thought he did the right thing when he retired earlier this year. although, the packers didn't get to the super bowl, he had a brilliant season.

but at his age, brilliant seasons aren't common place. and one doesn't guarantee another. i have a real problem with the fact he has held the packers emotional hostage the last few years with his will i play or retire saga? the pack aren't stupid, they know he isn't the future but a glorious part of their past. i give them credit for starting the rebuilding know while they can.

lets face, brett made his bed, now he must lie in it. and right now, more of the public appear to be siding with the pack, not brett.

My guess is that the Packers will probably work out a trade with an AFC team (Ravens ??), Favre will decline the deal and stay retired. There is no way the Pack should give him his unconditional release just because he says his career stats have given him the right to. He has a contract with them and the Packers should be allowed to get something in return for him.

If Favre had pulled this stunt back in March the Packers may have been more receptive to accommodate him, but he waits until days before training camps open to do this??

a neighbor of mine, a diehard cheesehead and favre fan told me last week, he wants brett to stay retired. for the past few years, my neighbor kept saying brett should come back for one more season.

let me say this....brett favre will go in the books as among the 5 greatest quarterbacks to play the game. but like many of his predecessors, he doesn't know when to say when. i thought he did the right thing when he retired earlier this year. although, the packers didn't get to the super bowl, he had a brilliant season.

but at his age, brilliant seasons aren't common place. and one doesn't guarantee another. i have a real problem with the fact he has held the packers emotional hostage the last few years with his will i play or retire saga? the pack aren't stupid, they know he isn't the future but a glorious part of their past. i give them credit for starting the rebuilding know while they can.

lets face, brett made his bed, now he must lie in it. and right now, more of the public appear to be siding with the pack, not brett.

My guess is that the Packers will probably work out a trade with an AFC team (Ravens ??), Favre will decline the deal and stay retired. There is no way the Pack should give him his unconditional release just because he says his career stats have given him the right to. He has a contract with them and the Packers should be allowed to get something in return for him.

If Favre had pulled this stunt back in March the Packers may have been more receptive to accommodate him, but he waits until days before training camps open to do this??

I agree with both of you.

I feel he should stay retired, that said, I hope he comes back (to GB only) so the Lions have a potential win on thier schedule.
One thing I do not agree with is the statement that the Pack have nothing next year, I think Roger's will do fine, sure he'll struggle from time to time and go thru the normal growing pains, but he has been able to learn the offense inside and out by now.

If Farve was not insistant on going to a warm weather team, the NY Jets have been mentioned as well of late.

The call to the Charger's is a good one too, but I doubt they are ready to close the door on River's yet.

I have heard both Viking's and Bears, but I really hope that the Pack are not stupid enough to allow him to go into the division, even if they eventually give him his release they should be allowed that stipulation.

I can't see him going to the Ravens, they are along way from playoff contenders.
He's not going to come back with any other team to be a back up either, that would also be stupid.

Personally, I would like to see him just retire and get it over with.

How would the Lions do if they had Brett as thier starting QB ?

Jimbo

*Breaking....

ESPN has a ticker on the bottom of the screen showing that the Packers have issued a statement regarding the Favre issue......

The Packers say that they will NOT release Favre, but he's welcome back to the team as a BACKUP!

ESPN has a ticker on the bottom of the screen showing that the Packers have issued a statement regarding the Favre issue......

The Packers say that they will NOT release Favre, but he's welcome back to the team as a BACKUP!

I guess this could chase the crazy idea of Favre as a Viking.

call his bluff!

I guess this could chase the crazy idea of Favre as a Viking.

John Clayton was just on ESPN and said that by releasing Favre, the Packers would risk him going to a division rival. The only way he would be playing for a different team is if the Pack trade him. Maybe the Ravens, Dolphins or Falcons would be interested? Favre still has 3 more years remaining on his contract.

I get the feeling Ted Thompson wants Favre to stay away because Rodgers is his guy and it will be his team with Rodgers at QB. If they do well again this year with Favre at QB, Thompson will have an empty feeling in his gut because Favre will get most of the attention for the success of the team. It's all ego. The truth is (IMHO) that the Packers have a better chance of getting to the Super Bowl with Favre than without him. Rodgers has played in exactly one half of football that mattered, last year in Dallas. Then he was hurt the next week in practice and not available to back up Favre. This team is ready to succeed with an experienced QB, with Rodgers it will be another year at least before they are. Then they will lose guys to free agency and who knows how good they'll be. In the NFL today you have to win when the pieces are in place.

Who cares if Rodgers sat quietly behind Favre? If he's mad let him go somewhere else. Matt Hasselbeck did, he's got a career. It's the NFL, nobody cares if your feelings are hurt.

I get the feeling Ted Thompson wants Favre to stay away because Rodgers is his guy and it will be his team with Rodgers at QB. If they do well again this year with Favre at QB, Thompson will have an empty feeling in his gut because Favre will get most of the attention for the success of the team. It's all ego. The truth is (IMHO) that the Packers have a better chance of getting to the Super Bowl with Favre than without him. Rodgers has played in exactly one half of football that mattered, last year in Dallas. Then he was hurt the next week in practice and not available to back up Favre. This team is ready to succeed with an experienced QB, with Rodgers it will be another year at least before they are. Then they will lose guys to free agency and who knows how good they'll be. In the NFL today you have to win when the pieces are in place.

Who cares if Rodgers sat quietly behind Favre? If he's mad let him go somewhere else. Matt Hasselbeck did, he's got a career. It's the NFL, nobody cares if your feelings are hurt.

i pretty Much agree with that.

if anyone, including Thompson, thinks Rodgers gives you a better chance of winning then Favre does your on crack.

love the latest from foxsports.com. evidently, brett told thompson right before the draft, he was thinking of unretiring. so they went to missippi and told them they would love to have him back. he called a few days after and said he wanted to remain retired.

legend or no legend, i can hardly blame green bay for saying cmon back, just be prepared to hold the clipboard. you can only hold your employer emotional hostage for so long before it comes back and bites you!!

call his bluff!

Exactly, alot of people up here want to jump on Thompson be cause "He hates Brett". Aaron is "his" guy, Thompson doesn't know )(*&^%* from a hole in the gound etc, etc.

How many times are you going to let someone jerk you back and forth before you say enough?

Brett should remember his buddy Reggie White, How did that little "unretirement" go?

I've been a Packer fan for more than 40 years, I went through the 70's and 80's with all the bad teams, I started with Coach Lombardi, we all got over it when he left the Packers to coach the Redskins. Lombardi wasn't stupid, He saw the team was getting old and the future didn't look to bright so he got out whiel the gettin was good.

Brett, stop the madness, stay home, enjoy a relatively pain free retirement, hunt fish, golf and cut the grass.

Start another steakhouse, (hint: make this one better) Do Whatever. Just don't come back, you've blown that chance. now it's just going to get ugly.

Favre is not Reggie at the end of his career with the Panthers. Favre played at a MVP caliber level last year. Why the hurry to get to someone who's likely to be Whitehurst instead of Young?

Brett Favre is going down a very bad road that he needs to retreat from.

First off, he's been doing this retirement crap for the past 3 years, and the Packers have been caught in this Favre limbo the whole time, unable to really advance their team in any way. They have Rodgers waiting in the wings all this time, and he's not helping his cause by just holding a clipboard, nor are the Packers getting any return on their investment in him. This is like being stuck in a love relationship that isn't going anywhere. After last season the only place he can go from here is a Super Bowl, and there is no way that the Packers are going to the Super Bowl this year, let alone winning it. At this point I'd say they have a better chance of getting their with Rodgers than Favre.

If Favre comes back to the Packers, they will do HORRIBLE. He will have such a chip on his shoulder, that he will continue to try and make plays where he shouldn't, which is the main reason that he has the interception record, and why he ended up ending his team's season last year by throwing that bad interception.

Favre needs to realize that he is not going to "lead" any team to the Super Bowl. He's too old and trigger happy to do that. If he still wants to play, he really should just come back as a backup. I mean there isn't a great deal of shame in doing that. Also, what's to say that Rodgers will be around all season? He could tear a ligament in pre-season and be out and Favre could just take over like that. I'd say the best thing he could do (but of course he won't) is to just re-sign with the Packers and be a backup. If he really CARED about the team and its long term success, he should be there on the sidelines and help out Rodgers by giving real advice and being a 2nd set of eyes for him. That is a lot more beneficial than just WATCHING Favre play and trying to learn by example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts