Favre wants out of Green Bay and to play again!

Bob wrote:

I agree somewhat with the first paragraph. But...The whole retirement thing for several years, at least in the beginning, was the media jumping all over an offhand Favre statement about retiring. Blown way out of proportion to any significance it had. This year, well, I gotta agree. This years mess is Favre created.

Steve Young's situation is a lot different than where Rodgers is at now. Young played a few years in Tampa. While he didn't look like he would be a Montana replacement in Tampa, he was showing some ability by just surviving the experience he gained there. Rodgers has played one half of football in the NFL regular season. Other than that he has held a clipboard.
Yeah let's not forget that Steve actually got to take a few snaps in real games when he was behind Montana. He actually had a chance to really play some series, get advice, and tweak his craft before he got the starting job. Favre has never missed an entire game. Rodgers has yet to prove anything to us. For all we know he could be the next Tom Brady. It's highly unlikely, but it certainly is possible.

BTW, for all those Brett Favre fans who can't get enough of him-NFL Network is replaying 2 classic games of his tomorrow. 12 PM, Favre's first comeback against the Bengals and at 3 pm-Super Bowl 31. More Favre-YIPPEE!!!!

I agree with both of you.

I feel he should stay retired, that said, I hope he comes back (to GB only) so the Lions have a potential win on thier schedule.
One thing I do not agree with is the statement that the Pack have nothing next year, I think Roger's will do fine, sure he'll struggle from time to time and go thru the normal growing pains, but he has been able to learn the offense inside and out by now.

If Farve was not insistant on going to a warm weather team, the NY Jets have been mentioned as well of late.

The call to the Charger's is a good one too, but I doubt they are ready to close the door on River's yet.

I have heard both Viking's and Bears, but I really hope that the Pack are not stupid enough to allow him to go into the division, even if they eventually give him his release they should be allowed that stipulation.

I can't see him going to the Ravens, they are along way from playoff contenders.
He's not going to come back with any other team to be a back up either, that would also be stupid.

Personally, I would like to see him just retire and get it over with.

How would the Lions do if they had Brett as thier starting QB ?

Jimbo

They would still suck. Detroit is where you go to end your career. Know any good QB's that played in Detroit? You play here, and your career is over.

You know, I've always liked Favre, however this little episode playing out has really soured my opinion of him. I'm sure it has many others as well. What do you think people will think of him if he bullies his way back in then has a bad year? He'll turn into a laughing stock. :no

With everything surrounding the Favre story, I figure this question is in line:

Who's the biggest attention whore:

A) Brett Favre
B) Chad Johnson
C) Terrell Owens

You know, I've always liked Favre, however this little episode playing out has really soured my opinion of him. I'm sure it has many others as well. What do you think people will think of him if he bullies his way back in then has a bad year? He'll turn into a laughing stock. :no

I've said it before and I'll sday it again...

It is sad when a superstar sports figure cannot retire. True, he had an incredible year last year. But, he said he was done...so be done with it. Unfortunately, he is finding out now that retiring is like attempting to withdraw from thw world's finest cocaine. Very few can just walk away while still playable. He got his "second wind" and that was fine...he decide to come back. But, then he waffled and waffled back and waffled again.

It is terribly sad to see this happen to a guy who had a flawless reputation as a player and a man.

...and it's gonna get uglier!!!!! :eek:

Whoa there. The Packers are playing a little loose with the facts and sometimes Ted Thompson is just lying through his teeth. Like that story about Favre contacting the Vikings with a Packers issued cell phone. Just a complete BS story that came from within the team. I was starting to lean towards the Packers' story but the whole truth about this hasn't come out. The story about Favre telling them he was coming back and then changing his mind again was spun out of recognition by Thompson. The real story was that Favre was talking to a team mate and mentioned playing. That got back to Thompson and he offered to send a plane and have a big announcement in GB. Favre said he was thinking about coming back but hadn't made up his mind yet. That's a lot different than him re-retiring.

Remember they said Favre could come back and compete for his job? The truth is they don't want him there and told him not to report. Favre hasn't done everything right in this situation but his actions are magnitudes better than the team's.

favre faxes reinstatement letter to league office, then goes to the bathroom.....film at 11pm!!

no sense going to watch the 6pm sports center.....at least 30 minutes will be given to the latest chapter of as the packers turn.

who knew brett favre was just another jock who thinks he's the pope. i am really sick and tired of him.

favre faxes reinstatement letter to league office, then goes to the bathroom.....film at 11pm!!

no sense going to watch the 6pm sports center.....at least 30 minutes will be given to the latest chapter of as the packers turn.

who knew brett favre was just another jock who thinks he's the pope. i am really sick and tired of him.

I never thought I'd say this,

but I would rather hear about Spygate.

With everything surrounding the Favre story, I figure this question is in line:

Who's the biggest attention whore:

A) Brett Favre
B) Chad Johnson
C) Terrell Owens

Two years ago, my answer would have been Owens. Last year, my answer would have been Chad Johnson. This year, my answer is Favre.

When you cut through all the hogwash, the key question is this: Is Favre willing to play football for a team outside the NFC North and/or a team that is not on the Packers schedule this year? If the answer to this question is yes, then I am 100% sure that Favre will play this year (even if he doesn't find a team until mid or late August). If the answer to the question is no, then there is no way Favre plays this year.

There is no way Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy will bring Favre back after he threw them under the bus in the Greta Van Susteren interview and after he relayed what was supposed to be private conversations between Thompson and Favre to Peter King and Chris Mortensen over the past weekend.

Of course, if Aaron Rodgers stinks up the joint in preseason games in August and at the start of the regular season in September, all bets are off.

ESPN should have you writing their "teasers".

ROFLMAO! Sure a lot of hoopla for a guy that only won one superbowl.

...who knew brett favre was just another jock who thinks he's the pope...

Maybe not the Pope, but... :)

favre.jpg

Last edited:
Brett DID win a Super Bowl in the 90's..... If you mean didn't win one last year, um, then OK. Only Eli did that.... And we Giants fans aren't ready to pay him to sit just yet....

Brett DID win a Super Bowl in the 90's..... If you mean didn't win one last year, um, then OK. Only Eli did that.... And we Giants fans aren't ready to pay him to sit just yet....
Yes I am painfully aware that he won a Super Bowl already (as well as losing one as well.)

I recently found an article from a reliable source about Bret trying to explain his behavior throughout this whole ordeal. I think it sheds some light on what is going on.

Favre: I've Always Had A Passion For Stopping Things, Then Starting To Do Things Again | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)