FCC and Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dblake15

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
I know that I am probably way off topic here, but I was just thinking about this since one of my buddies got Sirius Satellite Radio. How can the FCC regulate Directv and not Sirius?? I mean you pay for Directv and you pay for Sirius. But if I get the movie packages then there is no FCC intervention. I am just so lost. It almost seems like the FCC is a hypocrite. Just would like some thoughts.

Thanks

Sirius programs most of their own channels (predominately music and some talk (Howard Stern, Jay Thomas, etc.). D* buys the rights to broadcast the stations over their satellite system, much like the Sirius talk channels (ESPN Radio, ABC News & Talk, etc.).

dblake15 said:
I know that I am probably way off topic here, but I was just thinking about this since one of my buddies got Sirius Satellite Radio. How can the FCC regulate Directv and not Sirius?? I mean you pay for Directv and you pay for Sirius. But if I get the movie packages then there is no FCC intervention. I am just so lost. It almost seems like the FCC is a hypocrite. Just would like some thoughts.

Thanks
umm they do regulate Sirius..just not content..same with directv.. Its the OTA (over the air) broadcasters that get in trouble for content with the FCC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)