FCC approves voluntary ATSC 3.0 adoption.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Why this matters: The NPRM asks a lot of questions, and will still need to be commented on and a final order voted, likely months down the road, but it marks the beginning of broadcasters' move to a standard that supports interactivity, 4K resolution and data services that will boost their profile in the digital age.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/fcc-next-gen-tv-atsc-3-0-1201994297/ - FCC Proposes ‘Next Generation TV’ Standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Yes but it's all going to be a big monney marking ripoff!!

Repacking the he with that how come the fcc is not in the newsroom.
is that so the publication cant be voted on from everyone in the usa.
not from just a hand full i gess when u have millions ??it shouldn't be
what happen to all of are vots on ota and. broadcasting history.
what a shame,just like we gave up on going to the moon!!!!
and when thier are no caps on how much thay can charge.
you for internet service and that fcc guy dont trust him azz far
azz you no it's all about the money,and how badly thay c an
ripoff everyone it's not just monney!!! think ??
broadcasting and receiveing,ota,cant track you?
broadcasting history should never come to an end,

Last edited:
Yes but it's all going to be a big monney marking ripoff!!
What is the "it" that you speak of?
Repacking the he with that how come the fcc is not in the newsroom.
Until ATSC 3.0 equipment is available and people decide they want to buy it, there isn't much newsworthy about ATSC 3.0. Because ATSC 3.0 isn't going in as a mandate, it stands a non-negligible chance of failing to be widely adopted.

Because of the repack, it is going to pretty hard to squeeze ATSC 3.0 in along with DTV programming that is the current standard. Any talk of fancy-schmancy new features and services is hot air until such time as adoption is mostly complete and ATSC 3.0 is declared as the new broadcast standard. There won't be enough room in the spectrum to implement most of the exotic stuff the broadcasters are promising until DTV starts vacating channels.
is that so the publication cant be voted on from everyone in the usa.
When was the last time you voted on a national issue that wasn't the President of the United States? The FCC implements policy to carry out the wishes of Congress. If you have a beef with what the FCC is doing, tell your congressional representatives.

What is the "it" that you speak of?Until ATSC 3.0 equipment is available and people decide they want to buy it, there isn't much newsworthy about ATSC 3.0. Because ATSC 3.0 isn't going in as a mandate, it stands a non-negligible chance of failing to be widely adopted.

Because of the repack, it is going to pretty hard to squeeze ATSC 3.0 in along with DTV programming that is the current standard. Any talk of fancy-schmancy new features and services is hot air until such time as adoption is mostly complete and ATSC 3.0 is declared as the new broadcast standard. There won't be enough room in the spectrum to implement most of the exotic stuff the broadcasters are promising until DTV starts vacating channels.When was the last time you voted on a national issue that wasn't the President of the United States? The FCC implements policy to carry out the wishes of Congress. If you have a beef with what the FCC is doing, tell your congressional representatives.
! !!!whatever!!!!!

ATSC i thought it was for low vhf and yes hi azz wel
As I have made absolutely clear at least twice previously, NTSC, DTV and ATSC 3.0 all apply to the the entire commercial TV broadcast spectrum: VHF low, VHF high and UHF; RF TV channels 2 through whatever the top is (currently 51 and on its way to 36 after the repack).

The goal of the people pushing ATSC 3.0 is that it will completely replace today's NTSC and DTV broadcasts.

While I'm at it (and so I can point you to where I told you so), ATSC 3.0 is not in any way compatible with any existing NTSC or DTV devices (be they set-top boxes, TVs or any kind of TV recorders).

What is the "it" that you speak of?Until ATSC 3.0 equipment is available and people decide they want to buy it, there isn't much newsworthy about ATSC 3.0. Because ATSC 3.0 isn't going in as a mandate, it stands a non-negligible chance of failing to be widely adopted.

Because of the repack, it is going to pretty hard to squeeze ATSC 3.0 in along with DTV programming that is the current standard. Any talk of fancy-schmancy new features and services is hot air until such time as adoption is mostly complete and ATSC 3.0 is declared as the new broadcast standard. There won't be enough room in the spectrum to implement most of the exotic stuff the broadcasters are promising until DTV starts vacating channels.When was the last time you voted on a national issue that wasn't the President of the United States? The FCC implements policy to carry out the wishes of Congress. If you have a beef with what the FCC is doing, tell your congressional representatives.
!!!!!!!!!
!!!!Well I told you before all of this new technology and the old the broadcast networks and tower's are all set up and ready too go it's just a flip of the switch lol

Well I told you before all of this new technology and the old the broadcast networks and tower's are all set up and ready too go it's just a flip of the switch lol
And like a whole lot of what you've said previously, you are wrong.

The proponents of ATSC 3.0 have to bring the consumers along with them without benefit of a gubmint mandate and converter box subsidies as we had with DTV. The rulemaking of the FCC only says that the broadcasters can offer ATSC 3.0, not that it will be the standard when the broadcasters decide.

I congratulate you on posting a message that doesn't include off-topic details of your antenna setup.

Harshness tack a chill pill Atsc is working and they say consumers who want too receive it along with the low vhf broadcasters saying antenna makers will go back too making that big tv ANTENNA too be able too receive it and I got my big old school hi and low VHF 15,ft long antnnacraft with my 2,side by side stacked 91xg, and all the bell's and wis too go with it I will be putting it up March boy I love OTA !!!!

Last edited:
Harshness tack a chill pill Atsc is working and they say consumers who want too receive it along with the low vhf broadcasters saying antenna makers will go back too making that big tv ANTENNA too be able too receive it and I got my big old school hi and low VHF 15,ft long antnnacraft with my 2,side by side stacked 91xg, and all the bell's and wis too go with it I will be putting it up March boy I love OTA !!!!
ATSC hasn't said anything (and won't) about what antennas will be required. Of course none of that matters since we won't likely see any Next Gen TVs or tuners for at least a year or two.

So you know, we all remember your antenna setup and you don't need to repeat it each visit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)