FCC Filing - Dish Satellite Plans on Temporary Hold

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
In a filing with the FCC dated 9/26/2007, Echostar stated that their satellite launch and redeployment plans are on a temporary hold due to the Proton rocket failure at the ILS launch facility on 9/5/2007.

... II. UPDATE ON STATUS OF REPLACEMENT SATELLITE FOR ECHOSTAR 3 AND THE HEALTH OF THE ECHOSTAR 3 SATELLITE
EchoStar has not finalized its replacement plans for EchoStar 3 yet. In developing that plan, EchoStar has been faced with two complications. First, a Proton rocket carrying a Japanese spacecraft exploded shortly after takeoff on September 5, 2007. The ongoing investigation of this disaster has made launch windows even more scarce than they previously were and EchoStar has placed new launch plans and the associated redeployment of its satellite fleet temporarily on hold. ...

See here.

I wonder if the reason for the delay is linked to the possible sale of DISH to ATT? I can't imagine that CHarlie will go through with is new mpeg 4 sat plans for the relaunch of the entire service to be received on one 18" sat dish at the new sat locations , now that ATT is looking to buy DISH.

I wonder if the reason for the delay is linked to the possible sale of DISH to ATT? I can't imagine that CHarlie will go through with is new mpeg 4 sat plans for the relaunch of the entire service to be received on one 18" sat dish at the new sat locations , now that ATT is looking to buy DISH.

Not a chance. AT&T would most certainly want bandwidth growth. It's all part of the package they want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)