Feature Request: motor type for all satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
On the Openbox, which I think has a similar chipset, you have a screen where you can set your motor type for all satellites. This is a real time saver! I don't know if it would be possible to include a menu that allows you to choose both the LNB and Motor settings for all satellites in the list, but I'd love a similar feature :)

Familiar with the Openbox STBs.... the problem with the single screen set-up is that ALL satellites then have the same set-up and hobbyist typically "don't roll that way!"

Easy, but no flexibility! Many hobbyist systems have a mixture of one or two motorized dishes and often additional fixed dishes with multiple LNBFs.

The set-up may take time to program to your specific configuration, but that is what makes it so flexible.

Familiar with the Openbox STBs.... the problem with the single screen set-up is that ALL satellites then have the same set-up and hobbyist typically "don't roll that way!"

Easy, but no flexibility! Many hobbyist systems have a mixture of one or two motorized dishes and often additional fixed dishes with multiple LNBFs.

The set-up may take time to program to your specific configuration, but that is what makes it so flexible.
Our weird setups might include Ku dishes ( with USALS positioning AND Diseqc 1.2 positioning, as well as fixed dishes) plus C-band dishes(with USALS positioning AND Diseqc 1.2 positioning and fixed position ) . A lot of fun combinations, so little time ! :)

Maybe could have it to default all satellites to same and still allow changes as needed. I don't know if it has been requested or is possible but on my old coolsat 5000 when you were manually scanning and you got a good lock it would display the name of the service. It made it a lot easier to determine if you were actually on the transponder/satellite you were searching for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)