103W AMC1 NBC HD feeds, unable to get these...

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
I motorized (SG-9120b) my 90cm 3ABN dish (the old $50 dish special) and think I have it tuned in pretty well now on the arc. However, I can NOT get any of the NBC feeds on 103w with the microHD receiver. I can get the "Pier cams" very well, and some other stuff.

Anybody have any ideas on this? Is anybody else able to get these?

First time I ever motorized an KU FTA dish, so it was a pretty good learning curve there, but I think it's tweaked in fairly well now. Maybe the dish is too small for those channels?

The skew is off on the NBC channels. That is probably why your not getting them.

I am able to pick up a few of them on 103 fine on my microHD (Mountain, Pacific, a few Occ use and NBC Universal Sports which is black.)

Yeah the skew for those is about 20 deg off, so you want get them unless you skew the LNBF itself then you will mess the rest of your satellites up. Best to have a dedicated dish fixed for 103 if you want those channels.

I motorized (SG-9120b) my 90cm 3ABN dish (the old $50 dish special) and think I have it tuned in pretty well now on the arc. However, I can NOT get any of the NBC feeds on 103w with the microHD receiver. I can get the "Pier cams" very well, and some other stuff.

Anybody have any ideas on this? Is anybody else able to get these?

First time I ever motorized an KU FTA dish, so it was a pretty good learning curve there, but I think it's tweaked in fairly well now. Maybe the dish is too small for those channels?
I was able to get almost all of NBC feeds using my 1.2M motorized dish, but I recently setup a dedicated dish to combat the crazy skew, and everything comes in now.

Ok, I figured something else had to be going on, otherwise I should be getting them. Glad to hear it isn't my setup, but something with the sat itself.

This info should be in "The List" for that sat.

Thanks!

yeah the skew is 26 degrees OPPOSITE what it should be.

I can get one of the muxes on a 76cm dish but its touchy.....really need a fixed dish for that (hmmmm....maybe change the 30W dish for 103W) ;)

This is great information. I just for the first time ever was watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon without local ad inserts, a full two hours before it airs locally. But the center audio channel seems missing.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, airing at the same time on another feed, only one hour early, has normal audio.

Hi,

Just a follow up to the NBC FTA question.
Since I have my microHd slaved to my 4DTV receiver which moves my 7.5 BUD, would I have the same result (screwing up other satellite settings) if I skewed to get this NBC mux, or is this just a fixed dish problem ?
Am I wrong in thinking it would just screw up the settings on AMC-1 ?

John

Hi,

Just a follow up to the NBC FTA question.
Since I have my microHd slaved to my 4DTV receiver which moves my 7.5 BUD, would I have the same result (screwing up other satellite settings) if I skewed to get this NBC mux, or is this just a fixed dish problem ?
Am I wrong in thinking it would just screw up the settings on AMC-1 ?

John

Yes, you would have the same results as anybody. If you skew your lnb to get the NBC channels, you will most likely lose the other channels unless your dish is gathering enough KU signal to compensate. If it was, you'd probably already get these channels without skewing.

primestar31,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm hoping my signal is strong enough to compensate for any skew differences.
I remember a few years back I had no problem getting the NBC feeds.
Can't remember if these had to be skewed by many or not, but I do remember that I didn't have to adjust the skew back then.

John

Brian,

I have an adjustable skew with the 4DTV receiver.
BTW...awesome product that micro HD. I was blown away seeing NASA TV in High Def yesterday.

John

JFOK said:
I have an adjustable skew with the 4DTV receiver.

The 4DTV unit will remember the offset skew for each satellite position. Setting the skew offset for 103w will not affect the other satellites. Yes, you would need to correct for the "normal" skew channels on that satellite.

The 4DTV unit will remember the offset skew for each satellite position. Setting the skew offset for 103w will not affect the other satellites. Yes, you would need to correct for the "normal" skew channels on that satellite.

Thanks Brian.
Now I'll have to add in those NBC transponder numbers manually.

yeah the skew is 26 degrees OPPOSITE what it should be.

I can get one of the muxes on a 76cm dish but its touchy.....really need a fixed dish for that (hmmmm....maybe change the 30W dish for 103W) ;)
With this DSCN0457.JPG I don't seem to have any issues with polarity. :D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts