103W AMC1 NBC HD feeds, unable to get these...

I motorized (SG-9120b) my 90cm 3ABN dish (the old $50 dish special) and think I have it tuned in pretty well now on the arc. However, I can NOT get any of the NBC feeds on 103w with the microHD receiver. I can get the "Pier cams" very well, and some other stuff.

Anybody have any ideas on this? Is anybody else able to get these?

First time I ever motorized an KU FTA dish, so it was a pretty good learning curve there, but I think it's tweaked in fairly well now. Maybe the dish is too small for those channels?

I think your dish is slightly undersized, i just hooked up the Micro HD tonight on a 1 meter Winegard and they are coming in no problem. I don't think is a skew problem because you are
obviously using an LNBF and once that is set up on a motorized dish you don't need any adjustments or you will throw all the other sats out of wack. The skew adjustment
is only required when you use a big dish controlled by an analog receiver or a 4DTV and this receivers will allow you to set up the skew individually for each satellite which
are basically all the same except for AMC1 Ku.
Tede

Last edited:
You could save a generic to that position and use that for the odd skew,CB would work.Or just program in "K1" which is for the ku side of "W1" and adjust your skew and position there.

waylew,

That's a very good idea and will do that after I finish setting up all the other satellites I'm interested in.
I have a limited number of map tiles on my 4DTV receiver, as I stupidly did a master reset, leaving me with just the original tiles that came with the receiver. I think I'll have enough though, to follow through on your suggestion.

John

Make sure you have it set for C and Ku lnb's or lnbf,depending on what you're using,so that you're getting the Ku tiles also.If you do have Ku it would be a good idea to disconnect it from the 4D to prevent accidentally getting the Canadian maps.

waylew,

Are the Canadian maps still an issue with the 4DTV receiver ?
I remember that being the case years ago, but wasn't sure if that problem still existed.
What Canadian satellite should I avoid ?

John

waylew,

Are the Canadian maps still an issue with the 4DTV receiver ?
I remember that being the case years ago, but wasn't sure if that problem still existed.
What Canadian satellite should I avoid ?

John
Yup,unless you have the Mapmaster maps,I believe they did something to resolve that issue.Basically you want to avoid the Ku side of A1 and E2,107w&111w.But the best thing to do is just remove the Ku coax from the 4D,there really isn't much reason to have Ku on a 4DTV,nothing there.Hook the Ku coax to your DVB receiver,where it will actually be of some use.
If you haven't already, go to the Mapmaster sub forum here and learn more about Mapmaster.

To Sat AV and Ice,I know this is the MicroHD section,but he is using a 4DTV to move the dish,soooooo....just covering my arse. :D

waylew,

I'll avoid the Ku side of those satellites you mentioned.
I'm aware of Mapmaster however, I don't want to sink alot of time and money into my 4DTV receiver, its now basically a dish mover...no need for new tiles. So I think I'll pass on the Mapmaster program.
Thanks for your help.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)