GEOSATpro Feature request

tekjunkie02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
n.fla
Motor controls be available for dish moving while in the "Satellite Meter" (Signal) screen.

Edited to add: And, allow channel changing from same screen.

Either, or both, would be nice:)

Thanks,

Last edited:
To enable motor control function in the Full Screen Signal Meter would require a rewrite of the code. This has been previously requested, but when we researched we found that while the dish could be moved from this screen the ability to save the changed position could not be implemented.

The original beta firmware allowed for channel changes behind the Full Screen Signal Meter, but when the audio tone was activated there were significant meter display issues when the channel was changed. We opted to provide the tone feature and eliminate the ability to change channels when the Full Screen Meter is displayed.

Brian did you ever find out if it was possible to add DDSI to the microHD?....or at least easily.

ke4est said:
Brian did you ever find out if it was possible to add DDSI to the microHD?....or at least easily.

Since DDSI is not implemented on all platforms, we did not pursue the request. Positive satellite identification could occur on most DBS/DSS and a few FSS satellites. Satellite information can often be included in the NIT, but it is frequently incorrect.

Ok thanks Brian. That is kinda what I thought, but was not sure.

can saving satellite position be enabled on the satellite meter screen? like if you were using the gbox controller to move the dish and then save it when you have the best position. charlie

No. That is what I am describing that cannot be done without a major rewrite.

Did you know that with your C-band system you could simply use your V/G-box remote to bump and even resave the position?

If you have a 16x9 TV - - HD signals are fine. But SD 4x3 signals should be pillar boxed or at least give you that option to not be stretched.

For example, almost any satellite you scan now has both HD and SD signals - - - can the microHD be configured to handle HD signals as full screen and SD 4x3 as pillar box?

Maybe I'm missing something but it appears the 4x3 SD signals are stretched to fill the screen when they should be 4x3 with black on each side.

Make sense?

If you have a 16x9 TV - - HD signals are fine. But SD 4x3 signals should be pillar boxed or at least give you that option to not be stretched.

For example, almost any satellite you scan now has both HD and SD signals - - - can the microHD be configured to handle HD signals as full screen and SD 4x3 as pillar box?

Maybe I'm missing something but it appears the 4x3 SD signals are stretched to fill the screen when they should be 4x3 with black on each side.

Make sense?

Menu>>> System Set-up>>> TV System>>> Aspect Mode

OK, now I understand. I had it set to "16x9" and for the settings I want it needs to be set to "Auto" which would keep whatever Aspect Ratio the signal is broadcast in. Thanks!!

Is there a way to have the sat your on come up for you instead of having to arrow over to it when you go into the Menu > Transponder list screen.
If I am working on say Anik F1 the screen always comes up with some other sat first and I have to constantly arrow over to the proper one after I add a tp and scan it in.

To retain the current tuned satellite, first select Motor /Switch Setting or the Satellite Search menu. This will lock the satellite and transponder into the TP List menu.

Without a major rewrite of the tuning routines, we had to select if the satellite and tuned transponder were retained in the Motor/Switch Setting and the Satellite Search menu screens or the TP List. It wasn't an option to support current tuned satellite/tp in all menu screens. We selected Motor/Switch Setting menu as this is the only screen to modify motor position. The retention of the selected satellite while working between the menus was also a top priority.

This was discussed in another development thread a few months ago if you are interested in more background. On my mobile and not sure how to link using the SatelliteGuys app.

Is there a way to have the sat your on come up for you instead of having to arrow over to it when you go into the Menu > Transponder list screen.
If I am working on say Anik F1 the screen always comes up with some other sat first and I have to constantly arrow over to the proper one after I add a tp and scan it in.

This annoys me and is the only satellite receiver I own that does this. Others display whatever current sat I am on. I don't how many times this has tripped me up and I know how to avoid it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)