GEOSATpro GEOSATpro microHD v2 feature requests

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

49studebaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
*4:2:0 and 4:2:2
*Video decoder card slot(mpeg2...h264...h265...?)
*Tuner card slot 1(dvb...dvbs2...dvbs3...?)
*Tuner card slot 2(atsc...?)
*DVB Loop out
*Make the MicroHD blind scan as fast or faster than x2 Premium HD

LOL! The person taking that video needs to invest in a tripod, I feel seasick after watching that! I own both those receivers and I don't really remember noticing much difference in blindscan speed, but I'll take the Micro over an X2 any day. My X2 is setup for one fixed dish and a modulator hooked to my OTA setup, because it isn't very good.

LOL! The person taking that video needs to invest in a tripod, I feel seasick after watching that! I own both those receivers and I don't really remember noticing much difference in blindscan speed, but I'll take the Micro over an X2 any day. My X2 is setup for one fixed dish and a modulator hooked to my OTA setup, because it isn't very good.
My Mileage Might Differ! But I don't move any dishes or run any switches with the X2 Premium II. I don't know about that. The blind scan is definitely better than the MicroHD that I also have. The X2 also seems a little bit more sensitive. Other than that though there isn't much difference.

DRCars

My Mileage Might Differ! But I don't move any dishes or run any switches with the X2 Premium II. I don't know about that. The blind scan is definitely better than the MicroHD that I also have. The X2 also seems a little bit more sensitive. Other than that though there isn't much difference.

DRCars

Ah, I have the older X2 Premium, not the Premium II, maybe it's different on the newer one. The older one, the one I have, there wasn't a noticeable difference in blindscan that I remember. Picture quality was night and day though, the Micro blew away the older X2 there without a doubt.

Motor control was a little iffy on the older X2, once in a while it would mess up and I'd thought it was my motor, but when I got a different receiver, i realized it was actually the X2, the newer receiver worked fine with the motor.

The company themselves isn't that great either, I'd ordered a cheapo $17 receiver from them to try out FTA when I'd first started out, it was bad, power would cut off and on and wouldn't accept input right for W sats. They didn't want to replace it until I gave them really bad feedback on Amazon and then they offered to send me a M1 for free, the next receiver up in the line. Got that one and it was dead, go figure. Took it apart and it had bad solder connections in the power supply, an easy fix, but not very impressive for a replacement unit. The X2, I have to say, never died on me, even when my cat puked right into the vents on top of it once and it was all over the board, It took it apart and washed it off, dried it off and it still worked. That was funny, went to turn on the TV and all and the X2 wouldn't work, I was cussing about how crappy the company is and then saw cat puke-- oh. :eek:

The X2, I have to say, never died on me, even when my cat puked right into the vents on top of it once and it was all over the board, It took it apart and washed it off, dried it off and it still worked. That was funny, went to turn on the TV and all and the X2 wouldn't work, I was cussing about how crappy the company is and then saw cat puke-- oh. :eek:
What a hoot! As in LOL. Cats know no shame whatsoever.

What was this topic about? Oh, yeah, MicroHD feature requests.

The Loop thru is notorious in its absence. Needs one for sure.
Video decoder card slot(mpeg2...h264...h265...?)
What's this? Could someone explain its function? Sounds interesting, but haven't heard of such.

DRCars

Each timer should have boxes to check to indicate recurring timers. The boxes should be like
Monthly Weekly Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
This way if you wanted a timer to occur every Tues thru Friday, you would check off Weekly Tues Wed Thurs Fri
If Monthly or weekly is not checked, then it is a once (per day) only timer but still gives you the option to have multiple days selected.

More requests:
*Satellite Position/Polarity sync (sync satellite position and polarity on multiple MicroHD receivers over coax)
*Support for usb card reader (if providers let us subcribe)
*Make satellite IPTV feeds viewable (if not already possible)

This is an exercise in futility but I'll throw this one in. How about a backup battery on the board so time settings won't be lost when I turn off the power to my systems each night? This is something that's been missing on pretty much all these receivers.

And on the timer settings?? My Micro HD has once, daily, weekly, monthly available?

This is an exercise in futility but I'll throw this one in. How about a backup battery on the board so time settings won't be lost when I turn off the power to my systems each night? This is something that's been missing on pretty much all these receivers.

And on the timer settings?? My Micro HD has once, daily, weekly, monthly available?

How about just a CLOCK that actually keeps time and doesn't drift so far? Locking it to an internet source would work for me.

How about just a CLOCK that actually keeps time and doesn't drift so far? Locking it to an internet source would work for me.

The technology is certainly there. I did a test last year using my CNX Trio. I powered it off with the remote (keeping it on standby). Left it this way for three months and it was still displaying the same time as my computer and my shaw direct box. Of course, any power interruption would need to reset the time.

Catamount

I have a feature request for you.
How about fixing the firmware so this POS receiver doesn't boot loop.
That would be a good start!

I'm done with this POS!!!
All I did was do a delete all on 103W Ku Radio channels.
I refuse to buy another GeosatPro Micro HD.
Its been a known issue for a while and no friggin attempt to fix it what so ever!
It looks like the Micro HD has gone the route of so many FTA receivers with firmware
development falling off the face of the earth.

Known issues:
Delete a satellite with channels - BOOT LOOP
Delete all radio channels on a satellite - BOOT LOOP
Unfavorite a satellite with channels - Single reboot, and it will reboot again if you select the channel list again.

My advice:
The Amiko mini HD SE is cheaper, has more features and doesn't reboot.

My micro HD now has a date with Smith and Wesson, got to go.

Reactions: KE4EST

How do you set timers for Monday - Friday? Five separate timers? If you have a few Monday to Friday shows that you record, it takes a lot of timers. Deleting the sat sun recordings is an option as long as it does not conflict with a weekend timer.

Ya, I'd go with fix the bugs. My issues were:
- the blue screen failure to playback some recordings
- Interference by Toshiba TV remotes (or any universal set to Toshiba)

The world still needs a good STB, and the MicroHD was very close to being it

Not only is the time (clock) reset on loss of power, all the program recording dates settings also reset and must be re-entered. Fix this.

Before mine died it froze up several times (probably won't buy another one). The only way I could revive it was to take it apart and use that wire for the reboot problem and reload data. I suggest a way to do this without taking the unit apart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)