Features Wishlist - My Recordings & External Hard Drive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

retsef

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Wishlist - My Recordings & External Hard Drive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a start of a wishlist for the My Recordings External Hard Drive and its functionality

1. External Hard Drive should work seamlessly with My Recordings
(THIS IS FOR THE DISH PROGRAMMERS WHO HOPEFULLY SPEAK COMPUTER TALK)

2. Ability to sort the External Hard Drive Archive list

3. (used to be second #2...bad typing) Link button to External Hard Drive on My Recordings listing page
(THIS IS FOR THE DISH PROGRAMMERS, IF THEY CANNOT GET THE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TO WORK SEAMLESSLY WITH MY RECORDINGS)

4. (used to be #3) Ability to View TV while deleting archive recordings from External Hard Drive similar to when moving to External Hard Drive

Last edited:
Wishlist - My Recordings & External Hard Drive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a start of a wishlist for the My Recordings External Hard Drive and its functionality

1. the external hard drive should work seamlessly with My Recordings
2. ability to sort the external hard drive archive list
2. have a link to external hard drive on My Recordings listing page
3. ability to View TV while deleting archive recordings from external hard drive similar to when moving to external hard drive
Didn't you already post this in another thread? 1 and 3 are already there (pending your definition of seamless), the "first" 2 will probably happen, the "second" 2, maybe but not a real priority.

I'd like to see #1 and the 2nd #2, too :). I think #1 and the 2nd #2 are the same thing. it sure would be nice not to have to think about my recordings in two separate places they way i do now. at a minimum, a button on the my recordings page that takes me to my ext HDD recordings rather than pressing 'menu', '4', '2', '1' would be great.

I like the new subfolders to better organize my recordings but I would like to have the ability to delete the entire contents of the folder without having to open each show individually. Some of my folders have over 20 shows in them that no one ever bothred to watch.

I would like the ability to watch shows on the external HD from the second TV! It is very annoying to have moved stuff there and then not be able to watch them from the second TV.

a button on the my recordings page that takes me to my ext HDD recordings rather than pressing 'menu', '4', '2', '1' would be great.
You're working too hard. Hit the DVR button. You'll skip a whole step.;)

I would like the ability to watch shows on the external HD from the second TV! It is very annoying to have moved stuff there and then not be able to watch them from the second TV.
I believe you can do this by putting the receiving into "Single Mode". Not real convenient and easy to forget if you normally run in "Dual Mode", but it's better than nothing.

1) I would have thought that was the idea all along but Dish does refer to the external drive as an "archive". That's different than "add'l storage" or "increased capacity" in a way.

2) (second # 2) I think that's redundant if they do # 1.

2 - is a must have. I really do see them loading out this feature soon

1 - I sort of like the hard drive as an archive. I am planning on having a couple different hard drives for different things - not the least of which is His and Her hard drives. I can have all my Futurama and History Channel on one and she can have all her DIY Network and crap on the other. :cool:

If thay would make the External drive a folder in my recordings you should be able to play back on either tv.

Sorting the GROUPS by date or title, so newest recorded item will be on top.

When you select a recorded item, another button called ARCHIVE, so after i watch it i can hit delete, done or ARCHIVE

Integrate the External and Internal items into the my recordings, use those cool icons to differentiate internal and external.

Ability to record to (or cache to local drive then automatically transfer after it's finished recording) the EXTERNAL DRIVE!

Ability to one button delete (with a confirmation) which will be useful for groups, especailly when the 622 goes wild and records that COPS marathon which was marked as NEW episode in the guide!

TV2 should be able to use the External, unless it's an issue when TV1 is playing or archiving to/from

I can go on and on, but at least we have the ground work, hopefully they can/will build on it.

BOTTOM LINE THEY SHOULD'VE PUT IN A ESATA PORT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts