Feb 1 - six new channels?

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
Anybody know what the six new channels are? Tomorrow is Feb 1 and this story dated Dec says 6 new channels will be thrown in to BHN on Feb 1. It says they are in addition to the 8 channels they added to Tampa in Dec and Orlando on a later date.

Any truth to this? Any idea what they are? What do you guys want? I'd LOVE to see Cinemax HD and Starz HD, and am not sure about the rest. Fox Business in HD would be nice but I doubt that will be added. I know a lot of you want USA (And hey, I'll take it when 4400 comes back in the summer) and many of you want Sci-Fi. I wonder what else is coming, if anything.

Bright House Networks to add 50 HD channels over next 18 months - Engadget HD

thought it was 5. i believe they are national geographic, animal planet, science, and i can't remember the other 2. you can go to cfl.mybrighthouse.com and you will see the channels listed with the press release section.

thought it was 5. i believe they are national geographic, animal planet, science, and i can't remember the other 2. you can go to cfl.mybrighthouse.com and you will see the channels listed with the press release section.

We already have those in Tampa... the article made it sound like there would be six on Feb 1 in addition to the initial 8 (which was actually 9 because they added NatGeo HD at the last minute). Maybe I am reading it wrong. We got all those in December and I was reading the article as if they were giving us more towards the 50 than we already have.

Sadly, nothing new... I guess the article meant the same batch of channels they just added to CFL. So now CFL has what we have had since Dec. We both have the same so maybe now they will move forward and give us some more stuff.

USA HD?, Sci-Fi HD? CNN HD?... Fox News said their are going HD this morning (Steve D told Geraldo "soon" after Geraldo mistakenly made a comment that they were currently in HD... I think he mixed up Fox News with Fox Business)... I'd like to see Fox News in HD, along with Fox Business in HD... but the premiums in HD would be heavenly!

Can't wait to see what they do over the next 18 months or so.

They have already started moving analog channels to digital to free up more bandwidth to add HD channels. Telemundo is gone digital. (that frees up space for about 2-3 HD channels perhaps 4 of they are "low bw" hd channels) More channels will be switching digital soon, I dont have a list yet.

They have already started moving analog channels to digital to free up more bandwidth to add HD channels. Telemundo is gone digital. (that frees up space for about 2-3 HD channels perhaps 4 of they are "low bw" hd channels) More channels will be switching digital soon, I dont have a list yet.

good good good! I think they should limit analog to the top 30 channels or so and make everything else digital... that would free up a lot of bandwidth.

and piss off over 500k customers in orlando alone who are strictly analog customers :) but I do agree with you. Id love to dump it completely. They are offering in orlando a digital box for only 1$ to customers now. So i mean id think if they charged 1$ per box, and gave them the same channels they do now, most all would be happy because they get it digital and the guide.

and piss off over 500k customers in orlando alone who are strictly analog customers :) but I do agree with you. Id love to dump it completely. They are offering in orlando a digital box for only 1$ to customers now. So i mean id think if they charged 1$ per box, and gave them the same channels they do now, most all would be happy because they get it digital and the guide.

In Tampa those $1 digital boxes are just to get 16 channels of government and other garbage because the government complained the poor would no longer be able to see the government channels that were moved to digital. They don't get the full tier or a guide I don't think.

Yes I think the guide costs extra, in the case of the boxs you speak of, that they currently have. I was thinking more along the lines of creating a special service just for them :) to get rid of the analog. And yes that is the same case here in orlando all the channels they moved to digital from analog can be had using the 1$ digital box. (including local government and telemundo and other channels in the works to be moved)

Yes I think the guide costs extra, in the case of the boxs you speak of, that they currently have. I was thinking more along the lines of creating a special service just for them :) to get rid of the analog. And yes that is the same case here in orlando all the channels they moved to digital from analog can be had using the 1$ digital box. (including local government and telemundo and other channels in the works to be moved)

I agree.. they need to get rid of analog all together and then come up with a cheap box that you are required to get at $1 for each analog TV. They don't need a guide, just something to get the channels they get now. They don't have a guide now with "analog" only so they don't know what they are missing. Making this device required for all devices, would benefit in these ways...
a- BHN could get rid of analog all together
b- BHN could cut down on piracy
c- BHN would have an exact count of the number of TVs hooked up in their entire system
d- BHN could possibly have these cheap boxes report back channel viewership in a Nielson type ratings fashion and sell the data (stripped of your personal info) to the advertisers.

Think of all the bandwidth freed up.... analog is so 1970s.... the other option is a box on the side of the house that converts it all.

The only downside to BHN is that they would have to buy a heck of a lot of these boxes and spend months rolling them out to everybody. But the payoff would be wonderful.

I just found this link....

I just found this link....

Bright House adding five HD channels to Orlando, Florida lineup - Engadget HD

Looks like Orlando is just now getting A&E Biography and History International in addition to the HD channels. Wow.... thought you guys had these two. We have had them forever. I have watched a lot of History International. Good stuff! Looking forward to the day when all these channels go HD. You guys are going to enjoy History International, even though it is only SD. Good stuff!

Some people on tampabayhdtv.com boards seem to think new channels will be added on or around Feb 5th. I don't know how true this is or where they get their information. Nothing happened Feb 1st, so we'll see about the fifth.

Some people on tampabayhdtv.com boards seem to think new channels will be added on or around Feb 5th. I don't know how true this is or where they get their information. Nothing happened Feb 1st, so we'll see about the fifth.

sorry, my contacts are in orlando but i could ask monday and see if i get an answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)