Fed-up DirecTV subscribers turn up the volume on hidden fees

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Your Right

Just because someone complains to the BBB, that does not make them correct they could just suck.

If you pay for the MLBEI package and it is advertised as having 8 games on one channel, and then for the last 4 Sundays of the season this channel is not available,how does this make someone who gets brushed off by D* CSR suck ? They blatantly misrepresented their product and accepted full payment for only partial service. Maybe people should try to find all the details before they start to throw stones.I hope this guy doesn't live in a glass house.

No that is not right. The game mix is the reason I get the Sunday Ticket.

I think it'd probably be easier to create a "Scott's pissed off at DirecTV" subforum to put all of these threads. Is it really required to post these every time a new local paper picks up this story? We get it, DirecTV has made an enemy in Scott and now the community here has to suffer through it

You actually don"t have to suffer, You could just leave, not read them>>>>Simple as that..

Um - if all the DTV pub members leave/non-renew, would sorta have a negative fiscal impact on the site don't you think?

What does that have to do with anything?? He is under the impression he has to read what Scott posted..I was simply letting him know he has two choices..

Your post has notta to do with anything!!! This site is just fine.

I think it'd probably be easier to create a "Scott's pissed off at DirecTV" subforum to put all of these threads. Is it really required to post these every time a new local paper picks up this story? We get it, DirecTV has made an enemy in Scott and now the community here has to suffer through it

I think Scott does a great job of telling it like it is. There is another forum that already kisses DirecTV's butt and if that is what you want, go there. I have found Scott to be nothing but fair, praising when warranted and slamming when warranted. Right now they have asked for slamming.

They pissed me off last year when they announced all those new HD channels after the launch of D11. Then most of them turned out to be RSN's. If I hadn't been locked in one of these friggin contracts I would have been gone. Now my contract is up in February and they have about 5 months to show me how much national content they can get out of D12 or I will have the freedom to leave.

Keep up the good work Scott. No kissing butts here, just accurate info.

BTW. Hell yeah he should be pissed at them. Fortunately for him he has the forum to voice it!

Um - if all the DTV pub members leave/non-renew, would sorta have a negative fiscal impact on the site don't you think?
I dont think it would, in fact it has done the opposite.

This past week we have had a good number of new Pub Members join us, which is great as our next big server bill is coming due next month in November.

Thanks for helping us keep the lights on guys and for allowing us to report the good and the bad about satellite television. :up

I just think its a shame that some folks do not want you to hear the truth. :rant:

All I can say, is that after 3 weeks and 4 phone calls, they still do not have my contract expiration date right. It is getting very frustrating.

All I can say, is that after 3 weeks and 4 phone calls, they still do not have my contract expiration date right. It is getting very frustrating.

Try email via their website. I got my expiration date within hours.

Its a simple thing to stop the practice-stop subscribing and tell them whay YOU will and will not do with your money. People spend far too much on tv subs anyway imo.
The more you feel the need to have your favorite channels, the more they are going to turn up the heat on you!

Well said

Its a simple thing to stop the practice-stop subscribing and tell them whay YOU will and will not do with your money. People spend far too much on tv subs anyway imo.
The more you feel the need to have your favorite channels, the more they are going to turn up the heat on you!

Well said...

First of all, I'd like a refund of my pub membership. I don't think you should take an attitude like that with people who pay for this site.
I just think it's somewhat hypocritical to act like a jerk to someone, and when they retaliate, you act like a victim.

It's like going into McDonald's and mouthing off at the manager.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)