FedEx

no I think the beancounters many revenue raising moves and tightening retention giveaways is going to hurt Es reputation badly.
Methinks you're suffering from misplaced anger issues. Beancounters don't set rates or promotions. That's the bailiwick of the marketroids.

The beancounters are the ones who sweep through after the marketroids have failed and bayonet the wounded.

Methinks you're suffering from misplaced anger issues. Beancounters don't set rates or promotions. That's the bailiwick of the marketroids.

The beancounters are the ones who sweep through after the marketroids have failed and bayonet the wounded.

thats funny, marketing wouldnt be desperate for new subs costing a grand each if the company stopped having carriage disputes, did a better job of customer service , had more stable software, and quit doing things to tick off subs like fee jacking.

E doesnt appear to want subs who complain so they dont give them what they need too, and people cancel.

oh well another year of shrinkage and heavy churn will probably get someones attention like the stockholders when E drops under 14 million subs........

E on the beancounter path to self destruction, during the worst economy our country has experienced since the depression........

Bob's actual problem is he doesn't know what "beancounters" actually do. Accountants or "beancounters" as Bob refers to them count the beans that are there. They don't make the beans. It is the operational management that makes these type of changes. But I don't expect Bob to understand that. Maybe I should laminate a card for him that describes what people in different parts of a company actually do.

Bob's actual problem is he doesn't know what "beancounters" actually do. Accountants or "beancounters" as Bob refers to them count the beans that are there. They don't make the beans. It is the operational management that makes these type of changes. But I don't expect Bob to understand that. Maybe I should laminate a card for him that describes what people in different parts of a company actually do.

Let's face it, there is a lot about all this stuff he doesn't understand... :D

the beancounters AKA suits come to a company promising much higher profits and all sorts of goodies for owners.

now granted revenue at E is up, but so is churn, lost subs, ticked off subs and all theb rest........

having personally watched beancouter suits destroy good companies i was a dealer for......

they chase higher profits but have killed the company they were hired to help.

This is about short term profits vs long term viability as a company. In the short term the suits have created more revenue/profits for DISH with all the lovely new fees . But in the long term this pisses subs off and they will churn due to all the lovely new fees. So the question is this: Is DISH only interested in making short term profits for a potential sale of the company or are they really so stupid that they don't see what they are doing in these bad economic times?

the beancounters AKA suits come to a company promising much higher profits and all sorts of goodies for owners.
they chase higher profits but have killed the company they were hired to help.
You're wrong about what constitutes a beancounter.

You're wrong about what the SAC is.

I've offered, in clear terms, what each really is.

It is sad how far down hill you've gone.

Can't this thread end already... Bob should just create a thread maybe entitled Bob Haller's Thoughts and Reasons. I'm sure it would genereate more responses then the Fox debacle..

You're wrong about what constitutes a beancounter.

You're wrong about what the SAC is.

I've offered, in clear terms, what each really is.

It is sad how far down hill you've gone.

charle stated publically in his conference call SAC is about a grand total because of premium give away. why dont you acknowledge this?

its clearly in the call transcript/

E is maximizing profits for near term sale.

or charlie believes his beancounters theory churn will decrease once those pesky customers who want freebies have all churned away......

time will tell.

remember most posters here have a fiancial issue with E wether its stock, supplier, employeer, dealer atc.

Most of these folks dont like negative posts.

ME? I have no fiancial connection with E or other tv provider. I post what I believe is true

Let's face it, there is a lot about all this stuff he doesn't understand... :D

Yet somehow he's convinced himself, and perhaps would like to convince others, that he knows more than some very wealthy people that rose from nothing to their positions of prominence today. After Bob does similar, I'll take his opinions more seriously.

Yet somehow he's convinced himself, and perhaps would like to convince others, that he knows more than some very wealthy people that rose from nothing to their positions of prominence today. After Bob does similar, I'll take his opinions more seriously.

You can think what you like........ E started out and GREW based on being a value leader, sadly that has ended.

And some of their most profitable programming will be eroded by tv over internet.

perhaps E is positioning itself to be bought or buy D, since internet tv will be the future competition.

companies driven by beancounters sometimes self destruct.

for those who think E is doing the right thing how many quarters of sub loss will it take for you to wake up and smell the coming red ink?

2 years enough?

The current hired managers at E will be eventually fired:) But will Es reputation be forever hurt?

You do realize that a lot of people are upgrading to HD equipment right now which would mean they would have to send back their old receiver. Just because a receiver is being sent back to Dish doesn't mean it is defective. We've been swamped the last 2 weeks upgrading people from 625's to 722's and those 625's are getting sent bak to Dish.

You do realize that a lot of people are upgrading to HD equipment right now which would mean they would have to send back their old receiver. Just because a receiver is being sent back to Dish doesn't mean it is defective. We've been swamped the last 2 weeks upgrading people from 625's to 722's and those 625's are getting sent bak to Dish.

you better stop making sense and ruining bobs "theories". He might go as far as calling you a beancounter!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)