FedEx

Lord_Vader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Richmond, VA
I dropped off my bad 722 at Fed Ex yesterday. The guy mentioned that they get "a lot of boxes going back to Dish".

I realize that I've had 3 go back in the last 12 months, but is it really that much volume that the FedEx guy would notice? I don't really care, but it would seem that Dish would want to do something to fix the units rather than subsidizing FedEx. :p

I dropped off my bad 722 at Fed Ex yesterday. The guy mentioned that they get "a lot of boxes going back to Dish".

I realize that I've had 3 go back in the last 12 months, but is it really that much volume that the FedEx guy would notice? I don't really care, but it would seem that Dish would want to do something to fix the units rather than subsidizing FedEx. :p

UPS guy said same thing to me when i sent one back.

What is the count now 14 million customers, most have more than 1 receiver( I think I have 6 not all active) what is a 1% failure rate of active receivers?

Guys, do not assume all these boxes are necessarily defective units going back. I know I will be packing mine up in 7-10 days because I switched to DirecTV. I think they are seeing a mass exodus.

Dish Network seems to have switched to Fedex and was using UPS. That has made me very mad because there is no Fedex dropoff location close like there is UPS plus I see the UPS driver almost everyday but not Fedex. I am NOT driving 100 miles round trip to drop off a box and its not fair to have to make the customers pay an extra $4 to pickup the box. Just because they want to save a few bucks it costs the customers more than that if there is no local Fedex dropoff location. Complaining to Dish Network about it does no good and I am sure that you have no choice in what company the prepaid label is. It is funny that they ship to your house using UPS but have a Fedex prepaid label. Weird.

I was told when I cancelled Dish that they will send me a kit with a prepaid label, and if I used it, I would be charged $15........talk about a kick in the pants

They are seeing "alot" of those primarily because those are the "most" dropped off prepaid label items. So when they see Dish Network plastered all over the box it sticks out in their minds.

Dish Network seems to have switched to Fedex and was using UPS. That has made me very mad because there is no Fedex dropoff location close like there is UPS plus I see the UPS driver almost everyday but not Fedex. I am NOT driving 100 miles round trip to drop off a box and its not fair to have to make the customers pay an extra $4 to pickup the box. Just because they want to save a few bucks it costs the customers more than that if there is no local Fedex dropoff location. Complaining to Dish Network about it does no good and I am sure that you have no choice in what company the prepaid label is. It is funny that they ship to your house using UPS but have a Fedex prepaid label. Weird.

You can use any service to return it as long as you pay the freight. If you use their provided shipping labels, you have to use whatever service they are using at the time and pay them (E*) $15 bucks.

This observation seems to pop up at least once a year.

The reason that the shippers recognize this equipment is because they all get shipped back in containers that have DISH Network or DIRECTV labeled on them. Other items often get shipped back in whatever containers consumers have handy.

It is also important to note that not all returned boxes are defective. Some are simply being traded out for recently delivered receivers -- ones that the people in the receiving department rarely see.

Guys, do not assume all these boxes are necessarily defective units going back. I know I will be packing mine up in 7-10 days because I switched to DirecTV. I think they are seeing a mass exodus.

Hardly. Look at their 3rd QTR results and they made a great deal of money, and had a net loss of only 29,000 subscribers (way less than one hundredth of one percent). This is discussed elsewhere.

Hardly. Look at their 3rd QTR results and they made a great deal of money, and had a net loss of only 29,000 subscribers (way less than one hundredth of one percent). This is discussed elsewhere.

I have seen that discussion, but my guess is that there were fewer than 29,000 defective units being sent back, thus likely the majority were indeed cancels (net profit has nothing to do with this). Coupled with the fact that Q3 numbers stopped in September, long before the Fox fiasco and "Get what you Paid for" campaign which began on 10/1. I think it is likely that the Q4 churn will be much larger than -29k.

Fedex handles directv boxes to and fro. UPS handles Dish. Being in shipping I see a lot of both going and coming.

I think it just changed. The others that I took back this year were UPS in and UPS back. This one came UPS ground to me and had a FedEx prepaid label inside for return. It went to SC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)