FedEx

Dish Network seems to have switched to Fedex and was using UPS. That has made me very mad because there is no Fedex dropoff location close like there is UPS plus I see the UPS driver almost everyday but not Fedex. I am NOT driving 100 miles round trip to drop off a box and its not fair to have to make the customers pay an extra $4 to pickup the box. Just because they want to save a few bucks it costs the customers more than that if there is no local Fedex dropoff location. Complaining to Dish Network about it does no good and I am sure that you have no choice in what company the prepaid label is. It is funny that they ship to your house using UPS but have a Fedex prepaid label. Weird.
I think if you have a box for UPS or Fed Ex, you just need to call and have the pick it up. I do believe it is free and doesn't cost the customer anything!

I get so many DISH Network boxes delivered to my shop, the UPS driver sometimes will accidently deliver me a customers replacement receiver if they are on his route.

They are so used to dropping off everything that says "DISH Network" they just automatically assume its mine.

Luckey for our UPS driver, I give him back the boxes that are not mine so he can deliver them to the right address.

I was told when I cancelled Dish that they will send me a kit with a prepaid label, and if I used it, I would be charged $15........talk about a kick in the pants

E is pissing in their own pool, that causes bad word of mouth and makes people less likey to EVER sub again.....

Its a beancounter thing, they see only $$ not long term customer satisfaction.

A few more quarters of bad churn and getting under 14 million subs may get charlie a clue...

E is pissing in their own pool, that causes bad word of mouth and makes people less likey to EVER sub again.....

A few more quarters of bad churn and getting under 14 million subs may get charlie a clue...

your beancounter ranting is really REALLY REALLY getting old!

As if long-term satisfaction is a critical issue with someone that is leaving.

The price for return shipping is commensurate with what it costs.

If you're hung up on "parting gifts", consider that brand D* charges $2.50 more per month for their ETF.:eek:

My wife dropped the 622 off at the Office Depot yesterday as a result of our Dish cancel. I used their $15 label so as not to be bothered. It was not yet noon and it was the 6th Dishnetwork box stacked behind the counter. The Counter girl even asked what was going on. She said she had seen so many of these Dishnetwork boxes (they are clearly marked as such) she wondered if they were going out of business. That cannot be good for the 4th quarter churn rate.

I will soon be receiving my 4th remanufactured replacement vip722 over a two-month period. After two years or so my original unit had the hard drive burn out and I lost nearly the full contents of the DVR.

The 1st replacement unit randomly switched channels on its own. Three different frequency settings made no difference.

The 2nd replacement unit re-booted on its own, sometimes several times a day and often blocked the transfer of files to an external hard drive.

The 3rd replacement unit had program recording issues. It would say that it was recording two shows at once but only recorded one, or would start a scheduled recording in the middle of the show. Today while I had a tech on the line we did a power cord reboot and then started recording two channels at once, utilizing both satellite tuners. After a minute or so one of the shows stopped recording and there was no record of the partial recording that it had supposedly made prior to stopping on its own.

The fourth replacement unit is inbound and I can see by the R00 number that is another rebuilt unit (R01 would be a new unit). :(

I think if you have a box for UPS or Fed Ex, you just need to call and have the pick it up. I do believe it is free and doesn't cost the customer anything!

Not any more. They now charge your account $15.

Interesting. To most people, Dish's churn for the last two quarters has been quite low.

Not any more. They now charge your account $15.

Interesting. To most people, Dish's churn for the last two quarters has been quite low.

dish is shrinking by 19,000 with the last churn near 198,000

realize each new sub costs abut a grand.

You call that low churn?

dish is shrinking by 19,000 with the last churn near 198,000

realize each new sub costs abut a grand.

You call that low churn?

Let's see: around 20 or 30 thousand out of 14 million. That's less than one quarter of one percent. Negligible. A really low cost of doing business. And a boon, if the lost accounts are non-profitable ones. As has been posted before.

Give it up. Move on, and find things in life you can think positively about.

Let's see: around 20 or 30 thousand out of 14 million. That's less than one quarter of one percent. Negligible. A really low cost of doing business. And a boon, if the lost accounts are non-profitable ones. As has been posted before.

Now Navy, you know that ain't gonna happen.... ;)

Bob + positive does not compute. :D

time for basic math class for YOU.

Churn was 198,000 by charlies own words. These subs were lost and replaced by new ones. Each replacement cost about a grand. 198,000 times 1K is.... $1.9800000

in addition about 19K werent replaced thats overall shrinkage. churn is the combination of both numbers.

chucks beancounter managers assure him churn will be lower this quarter. How many believe THAT? this is a resulty of Es tightening rules for retention. E would rather shrink and lose a grand each on new subs than pay a fraction of that to retain existing ones.... interesting business model

meanwhile D is chugging right along growing well..............

I am postive I dont own any E stock the management is being penny wise and pound foolish:(

Last edited:
It's bob, no one should be surprised! :rolleyes:

Sorry your WRONG, charle clearly stated on the phone call discussion with giveaways for premiums the cost is now about a grand....

I am sure I can find the link if you reallyu dont believe me........

and by charging people who cancel to return boxes ..........

Departing subs look at that charge as a rip off and will be less likely to EVER sub again.

Charlie is pissing in his own bathtub:( before bathing:(

Last edited:
and by charging people who cancel to return boxes ..........

Departing subs look at that charge as a rip off and will be less likely to EVER sub again.

Charlie is pissing in his own bathtub:(

I gotta agree with Bob. I just switched from Dish to DirecTV. I had no complaint about Dish other than dropping Voom and the Fox Networks, albeit temporarily. I had never really thought about looking elsewhere, and in fact, when the U-Verse folks came knocking, I sent them packing and told them how much I like Dish. However, when the Fox Channels were dropped, I said "Hey, why not look around and see what offers other providers have?" That was when DirecTV made me an offer I could not refuse. Long story short, I really harbored no animosity against Dish and would have willingly switched back if my relationship with DirecTV went poorly, however, charging me the $15 to return their equipment to them was sort of like catching the girl you were about ready to break up with anyway in bed with another guy. Just kind of one last "%^$& you". Just reeked of "You are leaving so we are going to hit you with any charge we can" and seemed a bit over the top and unnecessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)