Feed Horn Cap Source

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BigRyan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Texas
I know there are all kinds of genius ways of making these, BUT, does anyone know where to actually buy replacements like this?
Capture.PNG And after my dogs>> IMAG4502.jpg

Mine had gotten lose over the years and I would put it back in, finally it fell out and the dogs chewed it up. I have half of a cap now. I really would like a "REAL" one to put back in there. Does anyone know of a place to buy a handful of these?

Usually have a few orphans hanging around on the shelves... :)

Be aware that there may be some size variation between brands. A cured spot of silicone can snug up the loose ones.

I kept telling my self I was going to do that, but never did. I should have fixed it once I noticed it was loose. So for now I have cut the bottom off of a plastic cup. Will this hurt the signal at all, until I can get one?

cup.jpg
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/attachments/cup-jpg.120837/

Compare the signal quality with each cover. Some materials are not RF transparent.
Is there a material that is, lets say, amazingly RF transparent? I was thinking about some sort of plastic screen or something.

Looking at the CK1S on Amazon, the housing looks very similar. Does Titanium Satellite sale just the caps?

On second thought are there three set screws on that scalar? I always wondered why mine only had one because you cant center the LNBf like that. Maybe I will just order the CK1S. Would this be a good replacement for the NS741?

Looking at the CK1S on Amazon, the housing looks very similar. Does Titanium Satellite sale just the caps?
On second thought are there three set screws on that scalar? I always wondered why mine only had one because you cant center the LNBf like that. Maybe I will just order the CK1S. Would this be a good replacement for the NS741?

BigRyan, I have a lightning damaged NS741 here. Even if you order a CK1S you are welcome to the NS741 cap so you have a backup - just let me know. :)

Reactions: Titanium
Is there a material that is, lets say, amazingly RF transparent? I was thinking about some sort of plastic screen or something.

An old trick I used was to take a clear plastic cover off a binder notebook and cut a square large enough to cover the hole with an excess. Then run a bead of super glue around the edge of the feed throat, stick the plastic over it long enough to let the glue set, then take a razor blade and trim the excess off around the outer edge of the throat. Then put some holes in it small enough to keep out bees and insects and the problem is solved. Will last several years.

The CK1s is the same LNBF as the NS741 and is manufactured from the same factory. Of the combo C/KU LNBFs manufactured, this model provided the most predictable performance on both bands, which is the main challenge when installing the combo model.

The only changes we made to the unit were to upgrade the scalar to the three point feedhorn clamp screws and the screws to zinc coated hex head with tool. I agree with you that the three point clamping allows the greatest flexibility for optimizing the feedhorn. :)

Reactions: BigRyan
Always great to see members helping members, as part of the SatelliteGuys family. :)

Reactions: BigRyan and FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)