OTHER Feedhorn for CM 1.2m offset dish

Captain Midnight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
Greers Ferry, Arkansas
I just bought a commercial CM 1.2M offset dish that has no feedhorn with it. I've read that the custom-made feedhorn with a c120 LNB will outshine any old slap on LNB (I have a couple of Maverick Ku LNBs), but how much difference will I truly see?

I am looking at one of these horns. Gibertini C120 Feed Horn for use with C120 LNB's and offset dishes | eBay
Looks like it would be compatible for my CM dish at a big discount vs a new CM/Andrew/Raven feedhorn...
I plan to put an Inverto Black flange LNB on it.

Is it worth the extra money just for watching FTA Ku feeds?

I would suggest start with simple Invertro Black Ultra LNBF, costs about 15 bucks. Afterwards, if you not satisfied with performance, you can try to buy something more expensive. But that does not necessary mean you will get better reception performance :oops:
Any chance to see picture of your antenna? :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of fits all feedhorns. But I agree a feedhorn + LNB would be best. I use a 1.2m CM with the factory feed.

PSTARmount 007.JPGKuOrtho5.JPG KuOrtho 004.JPG

I would suggest start with simple Invertro Black Ultra LNBF, costs about 15 bucks. Afterwards, if you not satisfied with performance, you can try to buy something more expensive. But that does not necessary mean you will get better reception performance :oops:
Any chance to see picture of your antenna? :rolleyes:
Here's a photo. Picked up a 1.2m and a 1m Channel Master commercial glass for $180 cash.

Attachments

• cm dishes.jpg
    cm dishes.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: EmCommSat
1.2m and 1.8m CM antennas have exactly the same opening angle, so the same feedhorn will work OK on both antennas. You just need to make sure the feedhorn is placed properly in such a way that it's pase center co-located with antenna's focal point.

Reactions: Captain Midnight
Google CMholderplacement,
and you'll find RimaNTSS ' picture on several forums, with all the required measuments!

Edit: The picture that I found on this forum is an older one, from 2015, showing just ONE CM dish.
Check for his more recent posts, since 2017, showing measurements for FIVE CM dishes. :)

Greetz,
A33

Last edited:
Google CMholderplacement,
and you'll find RimaNTSS ' picture on several forums, with all the required measuments!

Edit: The picture that I found on this forum is an older one, from 2015, showing just ONE CM dish.
Check for his more recent posts, since 2017, showing measurements for FIVE CM dishes. :)

Greetz,
A33
Thanks for the advice. I found it right away.

1m CM on motor.jpg

I was able to get the 1m up on the STAB just to try it. It was a nice day so I just played on the roof after lunch LOL. Just slapping the Maverick PLL LNB on it gave me around a 2.5-3dB boost on most signals compared to the 75E CM dish I had been using. I finally can lock the CBS News feeds on 99w!

Reactions: FTA4PA and RimaNTSS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)