Feeling Abused and Used

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elgrande

Original poster
May 19, 2011
North Carolina
I've been a DirecTV customer for several years and I would like to upgrade 2 of my D12s to HD boxes but D wants to charge me $99 for the second of the 2 new boxes. This seems like a blatant ripoff to me since I already pay them $% or $6 monthly for each box in the house... It seems they are wanting me to pay for a box that they will then continue to lease to me... is this for real or did I just get an ill informed rep on the phone?

No it sounds like you got the honest deal. DIRECTV uses their own customer relationship management software to determine how and when to give out free stuff.

So they are giving you one free and charging $99 for the other one? That's not a bad deal, although you may be able to do better by going through the retention department.

I have been with DTV since 2005, and still have most of my original receivers. I got their offer to upgrade, since I have the protection plan, but they will only upgrade one of my 5 receivers. I have an HR20, HR21, and HR22 - and asked for upgrade on each to an HR24. Their only comeback is the Genie, which i don't want because of the single point of failure issue. They misled me with their whole "You can upgrade your equipment every 2 years with our protection plan" (which I pay monthly for).

So, I told them AT&T and TWC would both love to have my business - all new equipment, and low rates for first 6-12 months, and the CSR didn't flinch.

Not a very nice way to treat a valued customer - calling AT&T today......

Going from any of the HR2x models to an HR24 isn't considered an upgrade, only to a Genie. You could swap the HR21 for a Genie, pay only the whole home fee extra per month, and not worry about the failure issue, which I understand and agree with.

All you use get the protection plan every year first year you have it yet: upgrade for free or depending on your tenure second-year and protection plan you on your equipment and no cost to you and whatever new customer rates are that's HowItWorks if he had this is nice in two years
At the way and by the way speaking from attack everyone this is not a freaking free serious this is a service not a right get over having free crap $99 is for equipment deposit only have two years see you on the box we still have to pay a monthly service fee to have active per box that's worth six bucks
all the time

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

All you use get the protection plan every year first year you have it yet: upgrade for free or depending on your tenure second-year and protection plan you on your equipment and no cost to you and whatever new customer rates are that's HowItWorks if he had this is nice in two years
At the way and by the way speaking from attack everyone this is not a freaking free serious this is a service not a right get over having free crap $99 is for equipment deposit only have two years see you on the box we still have to pay a monthly service fee to have active per box that's worth six bucks
all the time

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What!? Seriously, this is worse than sportsman (and we all remember that nightmare)! The only thing I got was you get a free upgrade which is not true. Earliest is 18 months for free with the protection plan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)