SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
trans.gif
04/02 05/01 Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly 10.00
trans.gif
04/02 05/01 Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly 10.00

Are there supposed to be two different charges for 1 HD-DVR receiver?

One is for the hd, one is for the dvr usage.

Compared to whom? Cable companies charge more, some a lot more. Dish charges more, too.

BTW, you may be able to get the hd fees waived if you pay automatically by credit card.

My local cable company (Atlantic Broadband) charges for HD (only offer 47 channels counting Movie channels) like this $5.00 With Digital Plus (about 200 channels), $13.95 With Value service (80 channels) and DVR fee is $13.95.

So for value For plus

$72.99 - Value $94.53 - Plus
$13.95 - HD $ 5.00 - HD
$13.95 - DVR $13.95 - DVR
--------- ---------
$100.89 $113.48

For me with Directv I'll pay

$71.99 choice xtra classic
$10.00 DVR (have free HD at the moment)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The advanced receiver fee is $25.00, which covers hd, dvr & whole home.

Are some of you being grandfathered under previous promotions? I thought that fee applied to all minus the $10 credit for autopay.

All my fees are itemized....no bundles here....

That is news to me.

I know when I signup a new customer in my market which is mpeg4 the advanced receiver fee is a given when going with hd, dvr or whole home. I also can't build a new order with whole home with anything other than the genie/clients.

That is news to me.

I know when I signup a new customer in my market which is mpeg4 the advanced receiver fee is a given when going with hd, dvr or whole home. I also can't build a new order with whole home with anything other than the genie/clients.

I think when you add the Whole Home to it, it gets bundled.
Prior to that, it wasn't ... if you have the DVR fee and HD but no WH. from the way I see it.

Prior to that, it wasn't ... if you have the DVR fee and HD but no WH. from the way I see it.

I'm not so sure about that Jimbo. I signed up a guy recently with so so credit. He passed the initial qualification with no fee, however when adding the genie/client they wanted a fee. I changed equipment to an hr24 & h25 the fee disappeared, however the advanced receiver fee of $25 was still there & after installing, the whole home feature was not authorized & according to Directv was only available with the genie/clients.

I'm not so sure about that Jimbo. I signed up a guy recently with so so credit. He passed the initial qualification with no fee, however when adding the genie/client they wanted a fee. I changed equipment to an hr24 & h25 the fee disappeared, however the advanced receiver fee of $25 was still there & after installing, the whole home feature was not authorized & according to Directv was only available with the genie/clients.

Hmmm,
From your last line, it makes it sound like WM (MRV) is only available with a genie ?

Actually, I have MRV, DVR and HD....no bundling....all itemized charges. Of course, I signed up back in 2010 so that may have something to do with it :)

I looked at my bill today. I have 3 HD-DVRs and one HD receiver. I'm charged $10 Advanced Receiver-HD, $10 Advanced Receiver-DVR, and $3 Whole Home. I'm also charged $6 each for 4 TVs minus a $6 credit for the primary TV (total $18 for 4 TVs). I'm getting no credit for auto-pay it seems.

I just emailed D* billing asking for the $10 HD fee to be waived since I enroll in autopay. I'll see what happens and get back to y'all.

Last edited:
Based on your account opening date:

Customers before Feb 2012 have them itemized, $10 HD, $10 DVR, $3 WHDVR

Customers Feb 2012-2013 have them combined at $25 less a $2 promo credit.

Customers Feb 2013 and beyond have them combined at $25.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)