Fellow E* Pals....i'm not a traitor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Today i'll be flying JetBlue to Florida so I have no choice but to watch D* on the nice little TVs in the headrests. I feel as if i'm cheating ;)

Bah! TV is tv. Don't get too much of an attachment. ;)

Besides on a small tv, all the PQ will likely look ok.

That's cool, hope you have fun. If you need any info about the area let me know I'm only 30 minutes from Ft. Laud.

Thanks for the offer. My father lives down there so we should be set. If it was more than a weekend, i'd have to tap into other resources (like you) to find more to do.

How does the plane's satellite dish stay pointed at the satellite if the plane is moving?

:D
That's a great question! Why is it that if my dish on my house is out of alignment by one inch I lose signal, but a plane flying 200 mph across the country keeps a signal?

It's not a dish, it's an antenna without a parabolic reflector. The XM example is perfect.

It's not getting the same signal you're getting at your house.

It's not a dish, it's an antenna without a parabolic reflector. The XM example is perfect.

It's not getting the same signal you're getting at your house.

Why can't all of us get the signal with that "antenna" rather than a dish. It seems that would reduce a lot of service calls

E* in fact showed just such kind of antenna for cars not long ago, I don't think it was cost prohibitive, but if you don't have line of sight, you are still screwed. At least that was the impression I got. Airplane in the sky has no line of sight issue.

E* in fact showed just such kind of antenna for cars not long ago, I don't think it was cost prohibitive, but if you don't have line of sight, you are still screwed. At least that was the impression I got. Airplane in the sky has no line of sight issue.

DirecTV already offers it. Whether of not it's cost prohibitive depends on whether you wear a top hat and monocle to dinner I guess. At $2995 it's certainly not cheap.

TracVision A7 Satellite TV Antenna

DirecTV already offers it. Whether of not it's cost prohibitive depends on whether you wear a top hat and monocle to dinner I guess. At $2995 it's certainly not cheap.

TracVision A7 Satellite TV Antenna

E* have already one of those,If my memory serves me was release on the summer and posted here, If someone have the info or the link please post it, Someone was asking me but I fail to keep the info.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)