FETV - 82 Not Skip Ahead Properly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeff C

Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
Nevada City
When playing back a recorded show from FETV 082, hitting the Skip 30 seconds ahead button or Skip Back 10 seconds button results in the show being shown from a random time in the general direction of the Skip.
Fast forward or fast reverse works just fine, the Skip function doesn't work as it does on all other channels.
This occurs with each show I have recorded from FEtv.

Interesting. I have a deactivated 512 DVR full of recent recordings from FETV, and Skip Forward and Skip Back works flawlessly on those recordings for me. Do you also see FETV in your guide on channel 9642? If so, maybe try recording that channel instead. It may be the exact same feed on that channel number, simply mapped down to channel 82 to make it easier for most people to find. It still may be worth trying, though.

When playing back a recorded show from FETV 082, hitting the Skip 30 seconds ahead button or Skip Back 10 seconds button results in the show being shown from a random time in the general direction of the Skip.
Fast forward or fast reverse works just fine, the Skip function doesn't work as it does on all other channels.
This occurs with each show I have recorded from FEtv.
I am having the same issue. Not limited to one channel not sure if it is just SD or if it is also on HD channels. Skip forward nets anything from a few seconds to several minutes forward. skip reverse may go forward or reverse at random. I have a Hopper 3 and a wired Joey 3. The issues are with the Joey.

I no longer have Dish, but when I did, I had this same issue on certain channels with my 722k. I eventually realized that it was because they were speeding up the video on these channels now and again slightly. Just enough to likely pack in more commercials. In some cases, it's just enough that you can tell if you watch it live.

It doesn't cause much issues when watching live, but it plays heck when trying to do trick plays on dvr devices.

Update, I talked to Dish again today. The agent on chat told me that this is a known issue that Dish is working on. When a fix is found it will be "pushed" in an update. She could not give a time frame.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Update, I talked to Dish again today. The agent on chat told me that this is a known issue that Dish is working on. When a fix is found it will be "pushed" in an update. She could not give a time frame.
The fix may have already been released. Check this thread to see if your receivers have the latest software version:
If your receivers do not have the versions listed in that thread, then you can try to force the software update manually, rather than wait until Dish finally pushes it out to you.

I have the latest software and i get this on SD channels quite often. I suspect that the fix is not out there yet.

That's the standard line that they give for any problems they have. Look at their Facebook page and it's the same answer.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts