Few questions about setting up disque vbox channels/positions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MN_Vikings

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Bloomington MN
Hello Satellite Guys, I'm using a Openbox X5 FTA receiver connected to a 64 position disque vbox which moves the actuator arm connected to my C-band dish. I'm still fine tuning my dish and can hit most of the clarke belt and wondering what others are doing to optimize the signal strength and using their vboxes.

My disque vbox has 64 position channel settings and some satellites have separate C-band and KU-band transmissions.

When aiming at the satellites that have both C and KU transmissions do most of you use a different position channel on their disque box for both C and KU or do you use the same channel position for both?

What I'm asking is how I should set up the disque vbox to move and aim the dish to a satellite that has both C and KU and want to maximize\optimize the reception. Should I set up the C or KU transmission on the same or different vbox position channel?

If I hypothetically optimize my signal strength on a satellite for C-band transmission. Should I use this same vbox position for the KU transmission?

Also, when aiming at a specific satellite should I first fine tune in on C-band or KU-band first?

Thanks everyone for your opinions..

When aiming at the satellites that have both C and KU transmissions do most of you use a different position channel on their disque box for both C and KU or do you use the same channel position for both?
I use one position for almost all C/Ku in the same orbital position. Only one uses two positions.

First optimize dish tracking on C. Then further optimize tracking using Ku. It's more touchy than C band. Finer adjustment required. It has to do with the narrower beam width that a large dish exhibits at higher freqs. Ku is usually around 1/3 the beamwidth of C band on the same dish.

Reactions: montana16
The 64 position limit is in the Openbox not the vbox. The vbox has a total of 99.

Like FaT Air said, when using C and Ku on the same dish you will need to spend a lot more time tweaking it to get it just right.

Reactions: montana16
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)