few questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe, who knows. It's not important to me so I haven't looked into it. When my phone rings I assume it's a telemarketer of some kind.

The budget comes first although it hasn't been balanced in quite a while. Anyways how can I get my caller id to work? I have it because it shows up on my cordless phone just not my directv boxes.

Stupid question, but do you have your POTS hooked up to your DTV box ?
I never had CID that I noticed, yes there was a setting for it on old HR21, but I never saw the need to have a phone number on the TV rather than just looking at the phone.Why run another line to the DVR just to have CID ? We dropped our POTS about 5 years ago and went with VOIP and Cell and have been Cell only for over 3 years.

I had one hooked up for a day or two but I disconnected the cord since I had it running across the room and thought it was the jack.

do they plan on fixing this?
No, directv isn't really in the phone business for starters and they're wanting to make everything internet connected. The modems that go into the boxes aren't promised to work after the H23/HR23 series. They won't even allow us to swap boxes due to caller ID issues anymore

well I have a problem now. Someone in my complex decided to put a newspaper on my satellite dish now it's saying "can't communicate with satellite dish." How can I fix this?

well I have a problem now. Someone in my complex decided to put a newspaper on my satellite dish now it's saying "can't communicate with satellite dish." How can I fix this?

That should be a 775 error, yes? If so, it's the receiver/dvr not communicating with the dish. Blocking the dish would be a 771 error.

i removed the paper. Still getting 775 error. Funny thing is it will work for a while but then go out again. Like it worked for 5 minutes just now after resetting the receiver and it worked from 6pm last night until noon today. I checked all of the cables and they are fine unless the flat cable going into the kitchen window is messed up.
They were required to use a flat cable by the landlord as one of the conditions for the install.
Could the flat cable be causing the issue?

well I checked all of the cable and they're all tight as can be. So I reset the genie and it's working again.
From what I can figure it's either the receiver, the dish or flat cable
And just like that out again. I reset the genie and it gave me " an error has been detected in the storage..."
14-901 was the code.

Last edited:
A 775 code is usually an issue with the cables, connectors, or power inserter. It could be the lnb, too.

well I checked all of the cable and they're all tight as can be. So I reset the genie and it's working again.
From what I can figure it's either the receiver, the dish or flat cable
And just like that out again. I reset the genie and it gave me " an error has been detected in the storage..."
14-901 was the code.
You might check signal levels. The same friend that put newspaper on your rig may have staggered into it and moved it. The arm will probably not bend up or down...it will break off. The whole dish may rotate more easily.

Joe

You might check signal levels. The same friend that put newspaper on your rig may have staggered into it and moved it. The arm will probably not bend up or down...it will break off. The whole dish may rotate more easily.

Joe

That could be a factor, but a 775 error code isn't an alignment issue, 771 is.

that doesn't explain that at 630 tonight at sunset I got picture back and hadn't lost it since. Same as Sunday Night but at 11 am Monday it went out again until 630 pm.

A bad lnb would explain it. Sometimes the problem is temperature sensitive. It could also be a connection that moves as it warms up and moves again as it cools.

ok i'm not going to be here when he comes to fix it today. I already wrote down all of the problems and printed them out for him. Also wrote down about the 14-901 error I got one time after resetting my genie.

tech replaced LNB / EYE. He tested when he got here and saw signal going in and out. Replaced it then checked all of the cables and everything is good to go. Said the LNB / EYE will cause the problems we were having.

well I'm having problems again now. I was watching recordings from yesterday and noticed the breaking up of the recordings. Could it be the hr 34 going bad, the lnb bad again or just a conincidence?

What happened to the weather channel overlay for local on the 8s. I saw it for a few times then I had a storm where I had to reset my receivers. I got active up and running on both receivers but for some reason the overlay is missing. Not that it was special especially since it was see through.
Also will the new local channels bill allow directv to offer significantly viewed channels to customers like cable does?
Lastly how can I find out who my installer was? They didn't leave any paperwork with their name
I am guessing they got tired of this same questioning over at dslreports.com, now you have to drag it out even more.

I really does not matter about the 8's. If you are wanting to know what is going on with the weather, open your door or window and look outside. I personally am not that intrigued what is going to happen in the next eight minutes for the weather. Now if it is in 24 or 48 hours, yes, but eight minutes is still eight minutes, and not going to change what the weather is for a whole hour.

I really never look at the Weather Channel. If I want to know what the weather will be, I use either Singer Creations Extension for Chrome, Weatherbug Extension also, or Wx Alert USA on my iPhone, to let me know when severe or extreme weather events are going to happen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)