Few Questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
4) it’s 1 of 4 things

A) $25 advanced service fee. You do not pay for the first receiver

B) $10 DVR FEE, $10 HD Access fee, $3 Whole home DVR FEE. TOTAL $23

C) $15 advance receiver services fee. You also pay $7 for the first receiver. Total $22.

D) You have an all in 1 package pricing which includes the DVR FEE, HD, while home DVR, and the first receiver fee. Some of these packages can include 2 or 4 receiver fees.

This is what my cart says:

HDDVR.PNG

So I take it it's your line B. Now when I try to check out it's giving me that error...hmm

Another question.

How does Whole Home DVR work with the HR24?

Can I just connect the Ethernet ports of the HR24, and H24's to my home internet router? I do not have a Cinema Connection Kit to run the network over coax and do not want to spend money on one nor would I want to because I diplex in OTA signal into the same coax.

Does anyone have the service/installation manual for the HR24? I'd like more info on the networking via Ethernet instead of coaxial (if they work the same) and also what kind of hard drive is compatible with the eSATA port to expand the recording capacity.

This will be my first non windows media center DVR, lol.

Does anyone have the service/installation manual for the HR24? I'd like more info on the networking via Ethernet instead of coaxial (if they work the same) and also what kind of hard drive is compatible with the eSATA port to expand the recording capacity.

This will be my first non windows media center DVR, lol.
Whole home over ethernet isn't supported. You have to jump through hoops to get it done. IIRC you have to email a certain department and they have to approve it.

Whole home over Ethernet isn't supported. You have to jump through hoops to get it done. IIRC you have to email a certain department and they have to approve it.

Ah, well as I stated a few posts back, I diplex in OTA signal so I don't think I can use DECA coax networking. Is a CCK required for whole-home? Will the HR24 and two H24's try to talk over the coax automatically? Can the HR24 use eithernet for internet access/ondemand and coax for whole-home at the same time?

Been reading this: https://manuals.solidsignal.com/Coax Networking White Paper.pdf

Speaking of OTA, is a USB OTA tuner available for the HR24?

Last edited:
The AM21 OTA tuner will work fine on the HR24, discontinued but used ones are on Ebay. There is a new one in field testing (I guess I'd call it that) in Vegas and Salt Lake markets only (I think). It is a "LCC" if you want to read about it.

For networking, have them set it up Coax so you can activate the multiroom dvr service (adds $3/mo), then after everything works ok and they go, convert it to ethernet and put your diplexers back in. Ethernet will work fine, but they will not activate MRV without a service call and a coax networking being setup via MOCA.

A CCK is not required, though they will likely install one. You can connect ethernet and it will do what the CCK would have done, whether you use MOCA or do what I mentioned above.

have them set it up Coax so you can activate the multiroom dvr service (adds $3/mo), then after everything works ok and they go, convert it to ethernet and put your diplexers back in. Ethernet will work fine, but they will not activate MRV without a service call and a coax networking being setup via MOCA.

Hmm, they're shipping me the HR24...I currently have two H24's and one H25, I am swapping out the H25 for the HR24...so there is no service call set up...it was the retentions/loyalty dept that placed the order...

Well DirecTV screwed up the upgrade order TWICE now and I still have nothing.

Well with this third order attempt I got a little upset and spoke with the retention supervisor and am now getting all 3 of my HD receivers swapped out for free HR24 HDDVR's...

DirecTVDVR1.png

DirecTVDVR2.png

No need for WholeHome DVR now...

Well that's one way to get what you want, and quite a nice perk to compensate you for the hassle!

Well that's one way to get what you want, and quite a nice perk to compensate you for the hassle!

Got another hassle. One of the three HR24's the installer brought today had a bad tuner and he could not get it to activate with only one and they would not give him a waiver. He's bringing a replacement tomorrow.

Dumb question...by why wouldn't you (still) want it? Don't you think there will be instances where someone in the house, might want to watch their shows at one of the other TV's? It is only $3 more, after all... ;)

Everyone has their own TV and watches completely different programming.

Got another hassle. One of the three HR24's the installer brought today had a bad tuner and he could not get it to activate with only one and they would not give him a waiver. He's bringing a replacement tomorrow.
Thats not a hassle ...
It's unfortunate, sure ...
The fact that he didn't have another, happens, but usually there are others working that they can sometimes get units off of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)