FF on HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chewy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
I searched this forum and could not find anything on this problem I'm having. When I'm watching a recorded show on the HR34, and I want to FF through a commercial, I hit the ff button 3 times and when I see the show I'm watching come back on I hit the play button and the show would back up and start playing. Over time I got really good about knowing when to hit the play button to get the show to start playing just at the end of the commercial. Still works perfectly on all my other HD DVR's. Problem is the HR34 does not back up when I hit the play button after ff 3 times. Does anyone know of a good way to ff through commercials on the HR34?

Wow! No replies, thought this was the all knowing DTV forum.

I have the 30SKIP option enabled and just mash it a few times until I get to the show. Works the same on the HR24 as the HR34 to me.

I have the 30SKIP option enabled and just mash it a few times until I get to the show. Works the same on the HR24 as the HR34 to me.

Is this option available on the non-CE firmware? (I can't find it.. but have seen it mentioned).. also saw mention of the option to have it skip ahead all the way, vs. the 30x FFWD speed I see with mine.

thanks,
Mike

Is this option available on the non-CE firmware? (I can't find it.. but have seen it mentioned).. also saw mention of the option to have it skip ahead all the way, vs. the 30x FFWD speed I see with mine.

thanks,
Mike

I believe it is. Do a keyword search for 30SKIP and it will turn it on.

I believe it is. Do a keyword search for 30SKIP and it will turn it on.

I did the search.. I got nothing obvious to say it found it.. but it did change... so is this not supposed to show up under the GUI settings menu somewhere? Where are these non-GUI settings listed?

thanks,
Mike

I did the search.. I got nothing obvious to say it found it.. but it did change... so is this not supposed to show up under the GUI settings menu somewhere? Where are these non-GUI settings listed?

thanks,
Mike

You won't show anything changed. Just make sure you do a keyword search for 30SKIP once it shows the categories or whatever just exit out. That's it. Now go test your 30 second bump button.

I searched this forum and could not find anything on this problem I'm having. When I'm watching a recorded show on the HR34, and I want to FF through a commercial, I hit the ff button 3 times and when I see the show I'm watching come back on I hit the play button and the show would back up and start playing. Over time I got really good about knowing when to hit the play button to get the show to start playing just at the end of the commercial. Still works perfectly on all my other HD DVR's. Problem is the HR34 does not back up when I hit the play button after ff 3 times. Does anyone know of a good way to ff through commercials on the HR34?
I would like to know how to make it not back up. I am good at hitting it right when it starts and don't want it to back up to the beginning of the preceding commercial

You won't show anything changed. Just make sure you do a keyword search for 30SKIP once it shows the categories or whatever just exit out. That's it. Now go test your 30 second bump button.

yes, its working, thanks.

Are there other such hidden options? Is there a list?

thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.