File Copy Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Say I wanted to copy a file over the network over the same file name on say machine 2, i.e. test.txt from machine 1, and it tells me access denied. Won't the file I just tried to copy over itself be 0 bytes in size on machine 2?

What are the read write permisions on the file?

Did you start as a user or try to finish as a user with no rights?

It the file opened or being used on the write to computer?

Flaky network connection? Wireless can cause this at times.

DRM protected file?

Last edited:
Yes, sometimes it does do that "in use" thing.... although, if it's notepad you are using, that's probably not the case... If this is all about some big project you are working on with others, you might check out open source solutions. I don't know which is best solution, but do know there are some open source solutions that allow you to check in and check out files and upload new versions, etc. and it tracks all that stuff and who's using what file when and stuff. People working on projects where multiple people have access to various things all the time... cvs is what I think it's called Concurrent Versions System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts