Filling Coaxial Connectors with Dielectric Grease for Weather Protection

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was a projectionist in the ARMY. Showed a movie once a night at the base theater. Had to splice on the National Anthem to every film. Carbon arc rod projectors :) fun stuff

I was a projectionist in the ARMY. Showed a movie once a night at the base theater. Had to splice on the National Anthem to every film. Carbon arc rod projectors :) fun stuff

I remember being shown one of those as a kid. Something about instant blindness.......

It was back in the 70's. Small theatre with a pair of projectors. kind of like this
projectors.jpg

l
waylew,
Interesting info on your projectionist days. Did that in a drive-in in Summer of '69, then went to a weekend theater for 5 years. Sure did like the dusk to dawn shows. Surprised yours is still there. My drive-in has been replaced by a Shell station, McDonald's, and a car wash. I sure would like to see the modern digital equipment of today.
The place is digital now but that was put in after I quit.Don't know how it looks or how well it works, cause I won't go back to see.When I was there it was 35mm,platters and xenon lamps.
I'd probably still be there but he just kept adding to the already overflowing BS bucket till the last straw finally went in and I quit,which was most likely what was intended.But that's a long story and not for here,so I'll leave it at that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)