Film Fest HD (103): Power and Terror: Noam Chomsky in Our Time 10pm ET

deeann said:
Punditry- polarization is the current state and I am just as critical of Al Franken or James Carville as I am of Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly. To me it's just a bunch of people yelling at each other and nothing meaningful accomplished, but then again it's not really *meant* to be.

I agree about it just being people yelling at each other. But in the case of Carville and Franken it could be a Public service infomercial on what happens when you marry your cousin. If the democrats want to win again they need to hide those guys not follow them. I mean comeon how seriously do they expect us to take their party when they trot out a SNL comedian as their mouth piece. There is just no credibility there for me.

:D

Yep, and I think the change has to come from within. People (including myself at times, though I will put myself out there for causes I believe in) need to get off their collective butt and actually *do* something instead of whining about it. Like get involved in what's going on in their local area, write their congressperson, etc. as a start.

Just saw your edit- ahhh- don't know I'd hold *that* (SNL) against him, and besides, didn't O'Reilly used to work for "Inside Edition"? I don't think it's where you start, but where you end up. And after that what you do with it.

As a paleoconservative, I don't respect the presstitutes on either side. People like Al Franken and Rush Limbaugh. Michael Moore and Bill O'Reilly. ABCNNBBCBS. Just two sides of the same coin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)