Final Voom check returned

jdpdata

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
I mailed out my final Voom check for $81.37 on 6/21. Today 7/7 it return to me with "Moved, Left no address."

Is it my responsiblility to seek out Voom for the final payment? If I don't pay, will it adversely affect my credit? :confused:

jdpdata said:
I mailed out my final Voom check for $81.37 on 6/21. Today 7/7 it return to me with "Moved, Left no address."

Is it my responsiblility to seek out Voom for the final payment? If I don't pay, will it adversely affect my credit? :confused:

I know this sucks but, yes, my advice is to seek them out and do everything you can to attempt payment. I work as a credit card and auto loan underwriter at a bank and I cannot tell you how many times a day I see someone's credit report and they have a low credit score due to one or two tiny little collections reported on their account. Example, someone has a dozen good things on their report, never missed a payment on anything, and ONE $15 collection from Blockbuster or Pizza Hut and they have a low 600 score. No big deal? Wrong...this will affect your interest rate on credit cards, auto loans, etc. The worst is cell phone bills. People switch providers, forget the have a contract, and the cell phone company reports a collection and your score goes way down. This will cost you hundreds of dollars in the long run due to higher interest rates on everything. Sure, you can try to dispute it but good luck. That is very difficult to do and very time consuming.

I am afraid if you do not pay, sometimes in the future, maybe 2 years from now, VOOM turns unpaid accounts over to a collection agency and the ugliness begins.

Just my friendly advice. Good luck

I'm curious, what address did you mail it to?

I sent an e-check and never thought twice about it...

I sent it to:

VOOM
PO BOX 830040
BALTIMORE, MD
21283-0040
(800) 438-8666

Shawn95GT said:
I'm curious, what address did you mail it to?

I sent an e-check and never thought twice about it...

I sent it to:

VOOM
PO BOX 830040
BALTIMORE, MD
21283-0040
(800) 438-8666

Yes, same address. It the same address on the return portion I always used. Ack, I call them to resolve this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts