Finally got a bud.. please tell me what these two adjustments are..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AmyGrendel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Got a free 8 foot Unimesh.. after driving 250KM.. nice road trip. Came with a Uniden SQ560.

Pole is in the ground.. everything is painted.. now I need to know which one is declination and which one is elevation. If there is any other
adjustments I might have missed. I think A is elevation and B is declination. How much of a change would I have to make to the polar
mount? Im thinking a slight dip forward on declination.

Also if you notice.. where I labeled B, those two parts are rubbing together.. Im guessing this polar mount may not have been setup
right in the first place.

My location is N53'12 W105'47. The dish came from N54'07 W108'27

Thanks for any help guys.. Amy.

Attachments

• rsz_img_0100b.jpg
    rsz_img_0100b.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 257
Yeah. Most declination adjustments are at the top and as you separate the top of the mount from the dish, you increase the declination angle.

That one looks like you increase the declination angle by bringing the bottom of the mount closer to the dish. Sixes and half dozens I guess.

But looks sturdy and reasonably well engineered. Should work

B=Declination, like Fat Air said.
Looks like your polar mount is in good condition.
Here is mine after I picked it up. It was laying disassembled laying on the ground behind a building for more than 10 years.
3-12-2012 254.JPG

And on mine, the declination adjustment is on the bottom also.

After I had my dish set up. All I had to do tweak the elevation in by turning the adjustment nuts 3/4 of a turn.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts