finally got dishs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jasper

Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
dvb software probs

well i have ritzdvb, and progdvb.
i am having different problems with both of them, but the problem could be realated..

when i select ANY channel in progdvb it errors and says
'error ! filter not founded !
"elecard_mpeg2_video_decoder"

then i click ok, and the channel pops up..
other then the annoying error and the faact that progdvb has no epg, it works

in ritzdvb everything seems to work fine, i have it on XPV - cyber audio..
it works great but the system locks up for no apparent reason spiratically anywere from 10 to 60 minutes after starting.

i like the epg and overall usage of ritz, but cant stand it when it locks up

i am figureing both probs are related to codecs, but unsure how to proceed..

i have tried mytheatre 3.32 and it works fine except it doesnt get the channel names right, allot of channels are just hex letter names.. very annoying.. i would pay 40 bux to register it, but not until it works right..

any help appreciated

jasper

Try MT 3.30 that doesn't have much of a problem with hex channels. There appears to be a problem with it's sdt values. The latest ones are really a beta for troubleshooting purposes. Also try to rescan as a low signal strength or glitch can result in the program not picking up the channels.

Sometimes after you install and delete and reinstall programs sometimes the links in the registry for the codecs get corrupted. I have attatched a program called Codec Sniper that will search your machine to try to find broken links. You could have two links to the elecard codec, one which works and one which doesn't. Let the sniper scan your machine to see if you have any broken codecs. The sniper will allow you to carefully remove any broken codec links.

Also you could unistall your program and then try to reinstall it. Sometimes if you install or upgrade over an existing installation you can corrupt file path's as well. Last but not least you can use the regedit function to search for registry entries that remain after you uninstall a program. A caution is in order as you can screw up your computer royally if you do it wrong so before you delete a registry entry make sure you don't need it for anything.

Attachments

• Codec_Sniper.zip
    217 KB · Views: 130
well i was in a hurry and ended up getting a gem star 76 dish with a isa-tel lnb off of ebay for what i thought was a decent price.. i just happen to live in burlington, ia (the home of Winegard hqtrs) so i asked a friend that works there if he had the ability to buy ds2076 's and low and behold i got a hell of a deal on one.. it doesnt have a lnb however so i am in the market for one, any suggestions? anyways both dishes seem to have the same size diameter mounts, so i am gonna compare there performance.. the gem star seems slightly larger.. the roof/wall mount seems sturdier for the winegard.. my friend said they make 76's with d-tube or rca dss style lnbs mounts too, which was news to me, i bet it would help allot on rain fade.. anyways, next step is to aim them.. i have aimed a million superdishs for my job, i am hoping i wont have too much trouble.. we'll see

jasper

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)