Finally got it, but confused

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
- The current (seen) TP on the "Antenna Setup" might not be an active one, so when you do the power search, it actually scans not only this inactive TP but also others TPs (not seen) which are active. That is why you found NASA and D121,...So it is not strange here ... (IMO)

- 121.0°W is not your true south, but you are close, though!
Make sure your dish points at 180° - 17.2° = 162.8° according to your compass, select G10R in the "Antenna Setup" menu, go to "TP" item and select 11720V/27692 (because I know this is active), select USALS and enter your Long/Lat, then hit "Move". From now on, just fine tune your dish pointing until you see the green bar on top (this is for "Fortec Star Ultra Liftime" receiver)

I like the simple instructions in the following PDF that Mr. PSB posted earlier....
http://www.adventistsat.com/downloads/InstallDiSEqC.pdf

Normally, with USALS, once you get that G10R, you're done! Just go to the others sats, and change "Positioner Settings" to USALS. That's it.

This is just my tiny experience...and thank for any correction from other experts.

sounds like you are actually between 121 and 119
121 is the Superidhs screen
119 is where NASA would be

If you are using it motorized, I would aim it straight south and go from there. You are in the same boat as me, that you have a true south bird without having to move it a degree or two off :)

For G10 use 11799 V 26660.

Just out of curiousity, where ya located...I';m assuming somewhere near WA, OR, ID

The magnetic is about -20 off of true south

cool. so you got that part

since you have 121, 123 should be real easy...about 1/2 inch turn to the west

Thanks, Iceberg.

A tip from my experience and it may help the beginners:

I feel it is very hard to use a small compass to find the direction. You can not place the compass near metal and your motor (important).

What I used is the web site http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ , type in my address, I get the picture of my house and all the info I need: Longitude and Latitude on the exact location I will put dish (even it is not necessary to get so accurate).

The south on the picture is the true south you need. Print the picture or just on screen, draw a vertical line down from the location you will put your dish. Find a target about 2-3 blocks away in your neighborhood (or far), point your dish to that target. You get your true south!!

Have fun

Michael

i had a heck of a time aiming my BUD originally cause i had my compass too close to the dish and the metal in the dish/pole kept throwing my compass off. good advice there air88.

Using USALS you do not need to first set up the motor for true south. As long as you are close, that should do. USALS is based on a calculated motor position from the inputted logitude and latitude. You will need to only perform slight adjustments to get your set up tracking properly.

I recently moved from Portland, Oregon and G10R is easy to locate since it is about .5 degree west of AZ magnetic "True South".

Follow the directions in this thread from Tom V and you should have no problems!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts