Finally got my hands on a primestar dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

redlegdvldg

Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
Missouri
I finally got my hands on my primestar dish. I can't wait to build a mount and get going with fta. I am thinking of aiming at 123w at first until I can afford a motor. Anyone have any suggestions for me or think I should read a certain thread on here give it to me I want to know as much as I can.

O.D.

I finally got my hands on my primestar dish. I can't wait to build a mount and get going with fta. I am thinking of aiming at 123w at first until I can afford a motor. Anyone have any suggestions for me or think I should read a certain thread on here give it to me I want to know as much as I can.
Well, good for you! - :up
Welcome to the club. Those are excellent dishes.
However, they and their commercially branded counterparts came in a number of flavors.
Give us a size, a picture, or the mold number off the back.
At least the height and width of the reflector.

If it's nearly round (a few inches taller than wide) the 1 meter (39") and 1.2m (48") dishes pack a real punch!
You can use the existing feedhorn, and strap on a dual polarity LNB...
...or replace with most any common LNBF and it should work fine.

If the dish is elliptical, (considerably wider than tall), you really need to keep the existing feedhorn, and look for a suitable LNB to bolt onto it.
The original LNB is probably single polarity, but worth a look.

To motorize these somewhat heavier dishes, the members here have come up with many ideas to lighten the metal mount on the back side.
There are a number of lengthy threads that should come up on a search (or we can give you some hints). - :rolleyes:

Primestars rock my 90 cm has done a great job at anything I point it at. Don't underestimate the NJR LNB's that come with them. They work great with the feedhorns tuned for the dish itself.

I was gonna say that, Ice. Good one...

What else is there to see...? There's a bunch of stuff on 97ºW or, there's RTV on 83ºW

P*

O.D.

On the back of the dish there is a mold number. Example: Model # 1.0 X 0.70.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)