Finally got the new Turbo software last night!

Was last night the big night for many others as well?

Got mine, but it has no I am Legend... just the same movies that are on the actual on demand button. Are these movies in 1080P? I thought only I am Legend was going to be 1080P and its not even there...:confused:

Got mine, but it has no I am Legend... just the same movies that are on the actual on demand button. Are these movies in 1080P? I thought only I am Legend was going to be 1080P and its not even there...:confused:

If you really did get the software update, check if you have channel 501. If you do have channel 501, it will do a check to see if you are connected via HDMI and if your set supports 1080p. If all passes, the output should switch to 1080p and you can order the movie.

I've yet to receive the update, but I'm in no rush. I still need to hook up an HDMI cable instead of the component cables I've been using forever (don't even know if my HDMI port on my 622 works -- I know there have been plenty of problems in the past). Besides, I already have 'I Am Legend' on BluRay. :)

Will be nice to compare, though.

If you really did get the software update, check if you have channel 501. If you do have channel 501, it will do a check to see if you are connected via HDMI and if your set supports 1080p. If all passes, the output should switch to 1080p and you can order the movie.

I've yet to receive the update, but I'm in no rush. I still need to hook up an HDMI cable instead of the component cables I've been using forever (don't even know if my HDMI port on my 622 works -- I know there have been plenty of problems in the past). Besides, I already have 'I Am Legend' on BluRay. :)

Mine didn't show "I Am Legend" either...but I don't think the reason why has to do with my set up...my understanding is that it will download for all sooner or later, but that it will down-rez for those of us without 1080P and/ or without HDMI.

I don't have a 1080P set...nonetheless, my HDMI port on my 722 died a few software upgrades ago...I would like it to work and I wonder if the latest software update will do the trick...I'll have to check tonight!

Please post your results. I'm sure some of us would be interested in hearing about those comparisions.

I have a working HDMI but a 1080i tv. But I'm not that concerned about 1080P my point was I have channel 501 9 of them to be exact, and not one is I am Legend. They are just the movies that use to be on my now not working dish on demand screen. My questions is I thought 501 was supposed to be ALL 1080p, but that can't be true unless they have 9 1080p movies. I don't like any of the options enough to pay $7 just to see if it checks for 1080p

I have a working HDMI but a 1080i tv. But I'm not that concerned about 1080P my point was I have channel 501 9 of them to be exact, and not one is I am Legend. They are just the movies that use to be on my now not working dish on demand screen. My questions is I thought 501 was supposed to be ALL 1080p, but that can't be true unless they have 9 1080p movies. I don't like any of the options enough to pay $7 just to see if it checks for 1080p

Right now, I don't think they're all 1080P...at least not yet. Based on the screenshots from Scott the other day it looks like we'll see 1080P in the guide next to the movie title when its available in 1080P...

Is your tv a crt rptv?

No its a plasma. My HDMI port has always worked. when I had my 622(though the audio on it made a screeching noise) and my 722 I've had for about a year and the HDMI has worked perfectly.

What I would love to compare is the current "HD" VOD and the new 1080p. I'm curious how HD the current HD really is...

When the time finally comes I can compare "I Am Legend" from its first HD PPV airing (saved to EHD) to the current HD VOD. I am not expecting much of a difference. All that I am really hoping for is that they present the movie in OAR instead of zoomed in like they did on HD PPV.

Does anyone have suggestions for particular scenes I should look at that would really show off the differences?

I looked this morning and had 501 with 10,000 b.c. but nothing stating 1080p. Have a 1080p DLP with a 722.
I am Legend is the only thing that is goingg to br in 1080P right now. It is just going to take them a while to get it up. Even if you got the software update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)