Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
was just goofing around with the 6 footer seeing what was new on 87W (or rather what was left) and on a blind scan I locked the 3800 mux.....first time ever. yet when I watched the channel I got no signal on the Manhattan.....then I remembered on the AMC7 mux (4160) you have to change the frequency up like 5 to 10 and they come in. Changed the frequency to 3810 and BOOM signal came in

So now I can get both RTV muxes on the 6 footer.....sadly most of them are the same program (RTV East or West if they are on the west coast). Too bad Metv and ThisTV are leaving soon...was kinda nice to have them there ;)

So if you cant get the 3800 mux with a SSO/Manhattan......do a blind scan to see if they will come in...then change the frequency by 5 or 10 up from the "should be" location...ya never know ;)

Attachments

• PICT0140.JPG
    PICT0140.JPG
    766.2 KB · Views: 279
Yep that is what I do on some feeds on the openbox, and yep the rtv mux on ses-2 is one of them.

This MUX scans in using my Skybox S12, but no signal. I then hookup my Openbox S9 or Optibox Anaconda and this MUX has a signal above 80%. It's the weirdest thing.

On a side note the Weather Nation MUX had to be rescanned on all receivers and the UT channel airs The Lone Ranger around 5PM EST. I'm looking to see what other programming that channel offers.

I'm gonna try that asap. I was thinking my dish was mis-aligned (which it could still be), but being able to collect signals would help refute that.

I just did this on my Skybox S12 and am now receiving the 3800 (now 3810) MUX with a high signal.

For some reason the Weather Nation, IPTV, UT Feed MUX plays great on my Openbox, but scans in with a very low signal with no picture on my Skybox S12.

Good to see your now getting the 3800 mux Ice!.For the longest time i also couldn't get that mux but ever since the new satellite went up i have no problem getting that one with my 6 footer.Its really a shame though when i go threw both tps RTV has on 87w how many channels come up as open (no active station on).RTV has lost quite a few stations since MeTv came along!I still really like RTV and watch it occasionally but hoping Luken still has a plan to bring back its popularity when it ruled as king a few years ago.

I just did this on my Skybox S12 and am now receiving the 3800 (now 3810) MUX with a high signal.
glad to hear its working for you too. Even 3805 brings it in

For some reason the Weather Nation, IPTV, UT Feed MUX plays great on my Openbox, but scans in with a very low signal with no picture on my Skybox S12.
I get a low quality on the MH yet a stable picture

I still really like RTV and watch it occasionally but hoping Luken still has a plan to bring back its popularity when it ruled as king a few years ago.

There's definitely new programming (well, new old programming... you know what I mean) on the way.

- Trip

I am going to have to try this! Does this trick have anything to do with the fact the channels are S2? I just figured I had to have my 6 footer adjusted just right for S2 channels, never thought to play with frequency. Going to have to remember this trick for future reference!

I am going to have to try this! Does this trick have anything to do with the fact the channels are S2? I just figured I had to have my 6 footer adjusted just right for S2 channels, never thought to play with frequency. Going to have to remember this trick for future reference!

I know it does it on both the RTV muxes on 87W (the 3800 one only...4080 is fine) and on 137W (4160 mux)...havent tried any others yet.

Do a blind scan and see if they scan in. They will scan in at the right frequency but then after that you have to change it to the "new" (+5 or +10) frequency for them to come in

I'm not getting any signal from 3800H or 4080H, @ 87.0°W. This maybe because the signal is at edge of the house west of 85.0°W. I get some V transponder, though.

I'm not getting any signal from 3800H or 4080H, @ 87.0°W. This maybe because the signal is at edge of the house west of 85.0°W. I get some V transponder, though.
After moving my NRPM/Dish to another sport which allows me to get 89.0°W, I still can't scan those two transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts