Finally HD Channels in Mexico City

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not destacker, you need to combine the 103 and 101, and 99 into 18/13 v inputs not just the 18/13 22khz only.

OK Let me understand and try to put this in place. Update later....Thanks to everyone.

Does anybody had any luck with the 103 ca in Mexico City?.Thanks in advance for yourm answers

Here is a special SL3 99/101/103 LNB made for Alaska and Hawaii that might work for you guys with the right dish.

Directv 99, 101, 103 LNB for Alaska and Hawaii Satellite Dish:
Directv 99, 101, 103 LNB for Alaska and Hawaii Satellite Dish [dtv-DTVAHKAKUKIT] - $119.99 : The Satellite Shop, Satellite Equipment - TV Dish Programming

That web site has a 120 cm dish for that LNB, but I'm sure you guys will need bigger in Mexico City.

On the coverage maps I notice that the DirecTV KA 99/103 coverage is Southern Mexico is supposedly way better than than the regular KU 101 signal. This may be an option for those down south.

Too bad no-one makes separate LNB's for the KA sats so that you could run two different dishes for 99 and 103

Update

OK Finally I have an acceptable configuration and working.

Have 1 2.4 Mt dish with 3 LNBs on the same focal point. The 101 is downloades via an eagle aspen dual LNB Ku installed at the focal point (odd/even). The 99 is downloaded via a SL3 parallely attached on the right. The 103 (cb/ca) is downloadable by SL5 parallely attached to the left. The attachment is via a special bracket customized to the dish.

Signal on 101 odd/even all above 65 most of the time. I only loss 17, 25, 27 & 29 for like 1 or 2 hours in the night.
Signal on 99 (c) odd/even all between 45 and 70 all of the time.
Signal on 103 (cb) odd/even all between 50 and 70 all of the time.
Signal on 103 (ca) odd/even all 0 all the time (for now)

2 cables from SL5 goes directly to port 3/4 of the Zinwell6x8
2 cables from KA LNB and 2 cables from SL3 are joined via 2 amplifiers and 2 combiners and the resulting 2 cables going to ports 1/2 of the zinwell.

No signal loss so far and everything is pretty strong.

I will be trying an additional configuration for the 103(ca) by using a DTVHAKAKUKIT only for 103 (Cb+Ca) on a single 1.8 mt dish at the focal point of the dish. In testing, was able to download all 103(cb) above 40 and atleast 8 transponders of 103(ca) above 20.

I will update if I get it done and working.

Anyway wanted to thanks everybody for their help. Would not have been possible without this forums help.

Thanks All

I would also like to see the pics, especially since you´re getting 2 degrees separation (twice) even if it´s a 2.40 mts.

You mentioned an adapted bracket, right ? I was wondering if you got a multi-lnb holder in Mexico.

Some PICs

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 272
It´s interesting to see the lnb´s are next to each other, and we´re talking 2 degrees separation in a 2.40 mts in Mexico City. (I´ve would assume a greater separation than that).

It´s interesting to see the lnb´s are next to each other, and we´re talking 2 degrees separation in a 2.40 mts in Mexico City. (I´ve would assume a greater separation than that).

The dish I have is really a clone of Master Channel not very perfect on the surface...that is the reason u have to customize the bracket depending on how accurate your dish it is built.

Getting the focal point for each LNB is very hard and u have to play around....Lets just say the the SL3 and SL5 are getting it in a "bounceback" since they are not at the center of the dish focal point. Only 101 is.

That is also the reason I was not able to get 103 (ca) according to my testing in this configuration.

GLTA

Very impressive..... :)

Hopefully someday a company will make a separate KA LNB w/ a combiner for DirecTV usage, sure would make stuff like this a lot easier.....

The dish I have is really a clone of Master Channel not very perfect on the surface...that is the reason u have to customize the bracket depending on how accurate your dish it is built.

Getting the focal point for each LNB is very hard and u have to play around....Lets just say the the SL3 and SL5 are getting it in a "bounceback" since they are not at the center of the dish focal point. Only 101 is.

That is also the reason I was not able to get 103 (ca) according to my testing in this configuration.

GLTA

Well. Congrats on what you have achieved so far !!! :)

DJdish told me about your post, and i'm glad to confirm that is possible to get DTV HD in Mexico City with one single large dish, thank you for sharing this with us, would you please list the lnbs, and switches you bought?

I'm getting rid of my D´shnetwork, the sign is getting worse and worse, and to get HD channels you have to use another 2,40m dish

Congrats on that achievement!

Alex

DJdish told me about your post, and i'm glad to confirm that is possible to get DTV HD in Mexico City with one single large dish, thank you for sharing this with us, would you please list the lnbs, and switches you bought?

I'm getting rid of my D´shnetwork, the sign is getting worse and worse, and to get HD channels you have to use another 2,40m dish

Congrats on that achievement!

Alex

For the 101 it is a dual Eagle Aspen KU
For the 99 (c) it is a SL3 Zinwell
For the 103 (cb) it is a SL5 Directv (I think made by Zinwell)

101 and 99 interconnected go to port 1 and 2 of multiswitch Zinwell wb68 wide band.
103 goes to port 3 and 4 of the multiswitch Zinwell wb68.

The dish is a normal master channel clone dish bought locally.

The cable is normal rg6 shielded. Cable distance is approx 50 meter with the zinwell placed at approx 30 meter down from the dish. No power inserter has been needed for my configuration so far.

As I mentioned getting the focal points requires a lot of time. On the average it took 6-7 hours to properly find the signal, adjust the brackets and peak the signals at 103 and 99, after 101 was locked and peaked.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck

For the 101 it is a dual Eagle Aspen KU
For the 99 (c) it is a SL3 Zinwell
For the 103 (cb) it is a SL5 Directv (I think made by Zinwell)

101 and 99 interconnected go to port 1 and 2 of multiswitch Zinwell wb68 wide band.
103 goes to port 3 and 4 of the multiswitch Zinwell wb68.

The dish is a normal master channel clone dish bought locally.

The cable is normal rg6 shielded. Cable distance is approx 50 meter with the zinwell placed at approx 30 meter down from the dish. No power inserter has been needed for my configuration so far.

As I mentioned getting the focal points requires a lot of time. On the average it took 6-7 hours to properly find the signal, adjust the brackets and peak the signals at 103 and 99, after 101 was locked and peaked.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck

Thank you my friend, do you think i could use anothe SL3 to ghe 103?

Thanks in advance

I have the same setup. 2.40 mt antenna with 99-101-103, now I'm working on add 119 to my HR23.

I already have a 1.80 mt pointed to 119, the question is how to conect to the Zinwell switch....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)