Finally jumped on the bandwagon...

Lobstah

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2004
Well...after getting my year end bonus, and discovering that VOOM had finally added HGTV, I jumped on the $1 for 3 rooms deal.

My install is scheduled for 12/4, and I'm in Central Mass area. Can anyone tell me what type of OTA antenna they're installing up in this area, and any other little "gotchas" I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Lob

I'm a little confused on the dishes that VOOM is using. When I was following this forum a few months ago, I thought I remembered reading that they were going to the 24" dish. Sounds like that hasn't happened yet for all the installs?

Can I request a 24" dish? Is there an additional charge associated with it?

Lob

You will probably get the 18-inch dish, but you experience rain fade than you will need to call Voom and get upgraded to a 24-inch dish. As for the OTA antenna the installer should check www.antena.org before they come out, so that they get the correct OTA antenna. Again if you have problems than you need to call Voom to upgrade the OTA antenna. This is the processes I had to go through when I got installed back in March 2004.

Just to add to what jimmykce1 said, try the 18" dish first and if you need the bigger one it probably will take more than one phone call to get it approved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts