Finally registered here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RimaNTSS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
Riga
Hi! I was reading this site many times, but was never registered and posting. I have got some USA product, such as Prodelin and Andrew antennas, so, perhaps this is right place to find some information and, if needed, to ask questions about them.
Little about me: Live across the pound. 9 years ago got my first sat antenna and receiver, and from that time consider SAT-TV as my hobby. Several years I did think that toroidal antenna is only one I need, but then discovered that there are many more interesting antennas. I still have my first antenna, have several antennas installed and many in the storage waiting to be installed.
English is not my mother tongue, so, please be tolerant to my spelling mistakes.

Hi! I was reading this site many times, but was never registered and posting. I have got some USA product, such as Prodelin and Andrew antennas, so, perhaps this is right place to find some information and, if needed, to ask questions about them.
Little about me: Live across the pound. 9 years ago got my first sat antenna and receiver, and from that time consider SAT-TV as my hobby. Several years I did think that toroidal antenna is only one I need, but then discovered that there are many more interesting antennas. I still have my first antenna, have several antennas installed and many in the storage waiting to be installed.
English is not my mother tongue, so, please be tolerant to my spelling mistakes.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys! you might be more interested in our FTA forums. :) http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/24-Free-To-Air-(FTA)-Discussion

Thanks, will look also there. I did not find common place for introduction, so decided to post here.

I have got some USA product, such as Prodelin and Andrew antennas, so, perhaps this is right place to find some information and, if needed, to ask questions about them.
Let's see them. We like pictures. They're worth a 1000 when asking about them. I'll throw this one up as an example. (Not sure, but may need a few posts before you can "Go Advanced-Manage attachments". Otherwise you can insert from your existing online photo gallery)
:welcome to satelliteguys

Attachments

• GEDC0202.jpg
    GEDC0202.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Thanks for welcoming and moving tread to more appropriate place.
I also like pictures, but, unfortunately have them in chaotic order. Also I have problems to take picture of all my antennas in one place at one time, they (antennas) behave as live organism - moving all the times :). I started that SAT-hobby 2004 from toroidal antenna (it still present), and then just continued, some people say - too many :cool:
I do not have problems uploading pictures in this forum, so there are some of my hardware:

Attachments

• T90front (Large).JPG
    T90front (Large).JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 149
  • T90back (Large).JPG
    T90back (Large).JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 131
  • T90bar.jpg
    T90bar.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 143
  • anothermod.JPG
    anothermod.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 156
  • OldSetup (Large).JPG
    OldSetup (Large).JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 146
  • SnowHat.JPG
    SnowHat.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 138
  • InGarage (Large).JPG
    InGarage (Large).JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 144
  • SomeStuff (Large).JPG
    SomeStuff (Large).JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Aug2013 (Large).JPG
    Aug2013 (Large).JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 148
  • GI209P (Large).JPG
    GI209P (Large).JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 194
  • AndrewFront.jpg
    AndrewFront.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 147
  • AndrewBack (Large).JPG
    AndrewBack (Large).JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 133
  • VSATheavy (Large).JPG
    VSATheavy (Large).JPG
    383.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 1mData (Large).JPG
    1mData (Large).JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 134
  • RainClarkeBelt (Large).JPG
    RainClarkeBelt (Large).JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Cool! No HOA! (lol) Motorized Az-El Gregorian Andrew, wow.
Again I suspect the C band there is stronger than here as that looks to be a 5ft (1.6m) that the C LNBF is on.
?BTW, nice mural on it.

that looks to be a 5ft (1.6m) that the C LNBF is on.
You are right about size, it is 1,5m PFA, but wrong about C-band. LNB with scalar rings on for Ku-band, to exact GI-209P (Golden Interstar for prime-focus dishes). TBH, I have very little experience with C-band, just tried couple of times, but have plans to get better on it some time in future. When I've tried C-band I did it on same 1,5m PFA and, yes got some signals.
4,6 Gregorian Andrew is my pain..... it officially belongs to me, but I am not ready to spend time and money to move it. Perhaps this idea will be aborted :(

Making me drool over that 4,6 Meter Dish..:)

I could be new, but site is not new for me at all. By now I was getting enough info even without registering. And, I think I was trying to register couple of times but process was complicated and I did not succeed to to pass entry form. Thanks everybody for this nice place for information. If I knew about satelliteguys online radio, I would probably register much earlier :). Have a great weekend!

got any local friends with a c band dish ?
I've heard some local users still using C-band, but seems that is less and less popular nowadays. I have plans pay more attention to C-band, just do not know when. I have several C-band LNBs in stock, including combined C/Ku.

those with ku are not very good imo
Agree with you. Especially they bad in Ku-band.
are you a sports fan ?
Depending on what you mean by sports :). In SAT-area my main sport is hardware installation, and, of course catching some signals from all available birds. Today I've managed to get signals from 44 K-band birds (6 of them had also C-band transponders) and 2 C-band satellites. Anyway, this is more hobby than sport :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts