Finally! UniversalHD for TWC in Raleigh, NC!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nateman99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Well, I have to say I'm pretty pleased with Time Warner Cable (for the minute). During a recent upgrade, they fixed the Dolby Digital output. Wheeee! :D

Now, I'm cruising through the guide and find UniversalHD parked at 295. There is no programming information in the guide through the week. Still, it is nice to have another source of HD content. I've emailed the local office a few times inquiring about adding UniversalHD. They responded by telling me it was available off-the-air (they were talking about the local UPN affiliate). How nice.

Still, hey, it's there. I get to watch Monk in HD.

hmmm nothing here in northeast ohio, I would think its on its way though maybe they are taking it system by system

edit: I just had time to check the twcneo.com wen page and not my actual box, but it is on

Universalhd came on yesterday here in central ohio....although the guide says usa hd,it is universal hd.

SA Program Guide

The program guide in San Antonio has the channel titled "USOPN". I hope it's not here only for the tennis!

The US Open Channel

TWC added the HD network exclusively for coverage of the US Open. They did it last year, also.

and I lied it is on, I was flipping through tonight to see and its on, and I believe optimus is correct in this, as I called my contact and he backed up the story of optimus!

Should have clarified!

stuart628 said:
and I lied it is on, I was flipping through tonight to see and its on, and I believe optimus is correct in this, as I called my contact and he backed up the story of optimus!

I double checked in my area (Triad region North Carolina) to "make sure" and they reaffirmed what I'd been told the year before, and what you were told. It's just there for the tennis :( Well, I like tennis so it isn't all that bad...

Why?

Why, in the name of all things sacred, would they do that? Seems like an awful lot of work to do every year.

I just got off of the phone with TWC and they insist it is permenent. They test a lot of things here in their Raleigh service area (both Digtal Phone service and all-digital cable service are examples). We'll see. I would really be disappointed to see it go away.

:confused:

I'd love it if...

...I had Universal HD on this side of the state :( I'm in Winston, and it has not been "added" here yet.

nateman99 said:
Why, in the name of all things sacred...

:confused:

My friend, what you and I (and probably most users of this forum) consider to be sacred are probably farthest from the heart and pocketbook of companies like Time Warner.

It surprises me that signed contracts are not for system wide service. Have TWC, in Palm Desert. Ca. No Unilversal Tv here. Of course, they have been working on the system, the last two nights. So perhaps more HD is coming, to compete with Verzion, which has been laying their fiber optic cable here?

UHD is gone in San Antonio. Back to an empty (rarely programmed) Fox Sports HD. Drat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts