Finally Voomin > 480i!!

jeremys

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 29, 2004
After a few months of watching on a SDTV, I can finally see all pixels on a 1080 image. I can also compare cable HDNET/INHD to Voom. So far, I am not blown away with HDNET/INHD. rush looks pretty amazing though!

Vreesar said:
Ofcourse there is always 2 sides to a coin and I completely disagree with DarrellP on this one :)
And what exactly do you disagree with? Have you seen HDNET from Dish? If so, what exactly is wrong with it? I would like to know because if you have any issues with HDNET via Dish, I have an inside source that I am working with to make sure it stays good. ;)

Most cable companies choke the piss out of HD feeds. If you have a good feed, you are lucky. Dish gives HDNET full bitrate, with only 2 HD feeds on the transponder.

I don't have it anymore. However, when I did, it wasn't any better than the Voom channels at the time. So while I will say it was good I wouldn't in any sense of the word say "WOW".
:)

saw bikini destinations last night (and recorded it).

pretty good PQ. about the best I have seen so far. But, it's not like rush/equator are far behind.

jeremys said:

pretty good PQ. about the best I have seen so far. But, it's not like rush/equator are far behind.
The INHDs and HDNets look pretty good on my Adelphia Cable, but certainly no better than VOOMs better programming. It depends what your Cable Co. is doing. A cable channel (6Mhz, QAM) has a max data rate of about 38Mbps. My local cable company is stuffing 3 HD channels per 6Mhz frequency (38/3 = 12.66Mbs per HD channel). It has been reported that VOOM is using an average of 12Mbps per HD channel. The ATSC standard for OTA is 19.39Mbps. IMO, a responsible cable company will transmit two (2) 15Mbps HD channels per frequency and use the remaining bandwidth for 2 SD channels.

jeremys said:

Equator? You are kidding, right? :eek: What size TV do you have? I can see the artifacts on Equator on my 13" Commodore monitor using composite feeds. :no

C-64 or vic-20?

yeah, I see artifacts. Coming from SDTV, it all looks good. The sharpness of rush/equator can be pretty sweet. Granted, it doesn't look as smooth (artifact free) as HDNET.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)