finding an installer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brakmar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
south Florida
I am living in the Palm Beach County. I am interested in getting Direct TV.
I am looking for a dealer and/or an installer for Direct TV.
I have found several 800 telephone numbers and two local numbers. They all land me in North Carolina! Even the local ones. It is weird.

When I talk to North Carolina the people are very kind and ready to help me set up my order.
I clearly express my wish of talking face to face with a dealer/installer prior to order a Direct TV programming.
I have been clearly told that I cannot get an address or a phone number, and therefore I cannot talk face to face, before I order. After I put an order an installer will come to my location: this is when I can talk to somebody. I do not understand.

Is it a general rule that in a business like satellite TV you cannot talk to a local representative before ordering a service or is it because the heat is so high in Florida you are better off using your phone?

Does somebody know the reason why it is not possible to meet an installer before placing an order?
Does somebody know an installer that I can visit in West Palm Beach?

Thanks in advance for your help and your input.

NB: of course I can deal through the phone but I like to have a first physical contact and discuss about the whole process.

I have found several 800 telephone numbers and two local numbers. They all land me in North Carolina! Even the local ones. It is weird.

When I talk to North Carolina the people are very kind and ready to help me set up my order.
I clearly express my wish of talking face to face with a dealer/installer prior to order a Direct TV programming.
I have been clearly told that I cannot get an address or a phone number, and therefore I cannot talk face to face, before I order. After I put an order an installer will come to my location: this is when I can talk to somebody. I do not understand.

Is it a general rule that in a business like satellite TV you cannot talk to a local representative before ordering a service or is it because the heat is so high in Florida you are better off using your phone?

Does somebody know the reason why it is not possible to meet an installer before placing an order?

NB: of course I can deal through the phone but I like to have a first physical contact and discuss about the whole process.

Just because it's a 800 number doesn't mean it's not in town.
Call some of the others and ask where they are located.

Try a google search for installers in your area. The ones I like have a store you can go to and have everything set up so you can see what the system and equipment are like. That's how I made sure I got HR24s plus got to play with equipment for a couple hrs.

Put in your zip and take your pick.:)

DIRECTV - Find a Retailer

I appreciate very much your answer. It is the best I received.
The two other answers show me that I did not express myself clearly enough: I have used Google and among other things this is where I got several different 800 numbers none of them located in Florida but in N.C.

The retailers in my area are 30 miles away.

Thanks again

The two other answers show me that I did not express myself clearly enough: I have used Google and among other things this is where I got several different 800 numbers none of them located in Florida but in N.C.

Thanks again

30 miles away is not very far, the installation group up here where I live drive 75 miles each day to get here and back for supplies.

Thanks again

As others have mentioned...30 miles is a walk. in the park. And the storefront is a reasonable expectation.

Directv had that kind of relationship with their customers. They have done their best to dismantle that model....view TV ads and call their switchboad...is the message they are now sending.

I have tried to interview for the job where I could lift the silver cover on the receiver while the customer is carried into the house. Most HSPs want you to install the rig and kiss their as to get paid...........while the customer would like it done yesterday for FREE.

We live in strange times.

Joe

Here's a couple to get you started. Be advised, Home theatre and custom wiring companies tend to charge for services that some may believe should be free. However, these type companies usually have the most experienced or best trained techs. These companies usually will insist on a pre-work in home consultation.

Direct TV West Palm Beach FL | Satellite TV Florida by DIRECTV| USDirect
American Satellite, Inc. | Palm Beach Gardens, Florida | 561.624.6266 | Our Services

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts