Finding s2 and t2.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

premiumtvman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
US
Can I use my direct dish setup or do I ha e to use a dish network set.
Purchased a c300 pro Sat receiver/Android 7.1 smart box combo.
I'll need to align it for s2 and t2 for my purposes.
I sold my meter of course. B it will they work in the first place? Then I'll find a tool to finish it

Reactions: charlesrshell
Direct TV uses different frequencies and polarization. The dish and lnb won't work for fta

I don't know the receiver so I can't comment on it. DVB-T2 is a European standard and isn't used in North America

UDL

Direct TV uses different frequencies and polarization. The dish and lnb won't work for fta

I don't know the receiver so I can't comment on it. DVB-T2 is a European standard and isn't used in North America

UDL
Really?

I don't know anything about that receiver. I don't use receivers, I only use computer tuners with Linux so I'm not the best to give advice about receivers. I'm sure someone else here could though

UDL
Thanks tho

Do they use DVB-T/T2 in Mexico? Maybe the o/p is close to the border to receive these signals? For the US/Canada you need an ATSC receiver to pick up local TV station broadcasts over the air.

STB I have been using lately is the Amiko mini HD RE, good basic receiver for most DVB-S/S2 satellite signals and not a lot of $$. Good place to start. You'll want a 90cm dish and Ku LNBF too, or maybe find something that will work off kajji or Craigslist, never know what might turn up. If you have a place to put one, you will eventually want a C-band dish or BUD, lots of FTA on C-band. Those dish/directTV dishes are a bit small for FTA. updatelee mentions usb/PCIe cards; these can be a bit involved for starting out in the hobby, likely best to get your feet wet in setting up the hardware (dish, LNBF(s), switches, cabling etc first with a dedicated receiver. :)

Reactions: FTA4PA
Welcome to SatelliteGuys premiumtvman!

Yes, best to listen to advice from experenced guys here rather than just grab something.
I have never heard of that receiver either, until just now. What is it about that receiver that you want it?
Half of its features will be no good to you if in the US.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I defn agree, pcie/usb & linux is an incredibly powerful tool, but its not easy to get started in and is a steep learning curve. Id recommend a receiver as well and there are lots of incredibly knowledgable people here that can help with that.

UDL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts