Fine tuning on the arc

Status
Please reply by conversation.
olliec420

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Ok so today I ventured over to 103° from 87°. When I got there my birdog played the tone to indicate found but I had 0% Q. I went inside and scanned and got about 30 ch. I went out and pulled the elevation screw and did this (see attached) and got it up to 73%. I scanned for channels and got a ton more.

Question is 1) Why is it on at 87 and off at 103? His pole could have been not plumb. and 2) My pole is plumb, how do I go about making it be correct all the way across the arc? I feel like if I move the elevation here then the other end will be off.

Attachments

• IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 143
S

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
there are 2 adjustments, declination and elevation. elevation has a larger affect at the top of the arc, declination makes a larger improvement at the ends of the arc. on my dish the elevation bolt is at the top of the AZ/EL mount and the declination bolt is on the bottom. I tune the top with the elevation then move over to an outer sat and tweek the declination a little then back to my southern sat back and forth until i get them all. when i first put it in just tiny movements east and west made a difference too and with about a saturday afternoon of small adjustments I got it tracking the arc.

Reactions: olliec420
Titanium

Titanium

AI6US
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Definitely sounds like the elevation and declination were not properly set for 87w.

What is the declination offset difference from the elevation angle in degrees when the dish is parked on 87w?

Reactions: olliec420
Status
Please reply by conversation.