Fine tuning to best of my ability

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcavaiani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
WI
What's on HD 103 ca vs. HD 103 cb vs. HD 99 ca vs. HD 99 cb? I believe the 99 s and the 103 s are for HD locals. My location is Green Bay, WI

The s satellites are for locals, so only your spot beam matters. What are your numbers on the ca and cb satellites?

Reactions: dcavaiani
99 ca= 76, 99 cb = 86, 103 ca =82, 103 cb = 85, 101 = 95, 119 = 77. I have a SWM on a tree at camper with POSSIBLY some leaves ? Been "dithering" for a couple of hours, but not much progress horizontal nor vertical. I guess the vertical is 38, skew = 77, not sure what the horizontal reading is ..

99 ca= 76, 99 cb = 86, 103 ca =82, 103 cb = 85, 101 = 95, 119 = 77. I have a SWM on a tree at camper with POSSIBLY some leaves ? Been "dithering" for a couple of hours, but not much progress horizontal nor vertical. I guess the vertical is 38, skew = 77, not sure what the horizontal reading is ..
Enter your zip code into the lookup in the receiver. It will give you the sighting coordinates. Youtube videos will instruct you on dithering.

Enter your zip code into the lookup in the receiver. It will give you the sighting coordinates. Youtube videos will instruct you on dithering.
K - but what is on those respective satellites? I have MLB package - the 600's and 700's, and wife watches a lot of Lifetime on 253 ;-). Pine Grove Campground mailing address is Shawano, WI = 54166, but closest town is Leopolis, WI and zip = 54948?

Oh, Oh! After dithering I had at least as strong a signal as before, and all was still working. Now, my SD box is working but the HD box is crap - going nowhere, searching for signal, tried setup again, nothing going ?? Looks like it wants to keep going back to the 18x20 dish?

You said you have a swm system, so it should auto detect the hd receiver. Is the power inserter plugged in?

Did my HD H24 take a crap? SW5 is right, huh.
What is your SD recvr your using ?

Your SD signal comes from the 101 Sat (your locals may be on the 119), if your locals are not, do away with the 5 lnb for a 3.

Your HD signals (HR24) come from the 99 and 103 Sats .... how do those specific Sats look ?

And Sat followed by an s is a Spotbeam for Locals for the most part.

Wiggled stuff around and it started working again. Signal are higher than before ....

Ran a system test on H24/700 and got code: 3 tests failed. diag. code 16-45-76-793. but it IS working now again ?

16 is a networking chip error. Try rebooting the receiver. If it doesn't work, contact Directv, they should replace it. 45 is a guide data issue, since you haven't had it hooked up in a while, it's to be expected. 76 is no dial tone detected, again expected if you have no phone line connected. I don't know what 793 is.

16 is a networking chip error. Try rebooting the receiver. If it doesn't work, contact Directv, they should replace it. 45 is a guide data issue, since you haven't had it hooked up in a while, it's to be expected. 76 is no dial tone detected, again expected if you have no phone line connected. I don't know what 793 is.
Where did you find this info Chip ?

I am pretty much there - just a bit lower. Did not know that I should mess a bit with the skew - thought that was only for SD (119) local?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts