FIOS 2.0 now available!!!!

I think most of the drooling had to do with FiOS PQ, not its channel selection. Now D* has more channels, and the PQ is right up there.

Actually, it is both.... Looks like you have DirecTV... how much HD did you get six months ago?

Have you ever heard of HBO Comedy or HBO Zone? What about Wmax, Action Max, Thriller Max, @ Max, 5star max? Not to mention the Showtimes you are missing. Verizon has all these channels, and the western feeds of those that exist. Verizon has HBO, Showtime, Max, TMC, Starz, and I believe Encore, all On Demand. They have Here (gay channel) On Demand, Events, Howard, wrestling, etc.. all kinds of channels and On Demand that Dish or Direct don't have.

For me and many others, the channel lineup was as much a part of the excitement of Verizon Fios as the PQ. What good is PQ without good content? A lot of the recent bitching has been Verizon not adding channels, it hasn't been poor PQ.

For you it may be just PQ, and to each their own.

HD Lite BAD (D*) - True HD GOOD (VZ)

I think most of the drooling had to do with FiOS PQ, not its channel selection. Now D* has more channels, and the PQ is right up there.

ScoBuck, you need to read up on HD Lite. Here is a great way to tell the difference. Watch an HD football game. When the camera pans left or right you will notice a blur on HD Lite (D*). This does not happen with VZ. VZ broadcasts in true HD, non compressed non-filtered.

Here is another example of how it is difference. I don't know if you use an Ipod, but there is a difference between ITunes songs and other songs loaded like MP3 files. ITunes uses a non compressed file format so the music is clearer and crisper. The same compression, or very similiar, is what D* uses on the video signal, creating HD Lite. Hope this helps, and please read the link Welcome to StopHDLite.com.

Here is another example of how it is difference. I don't know if you use an Ipod, but there is a difference between ITunes songs and other songs loaded like MP3 files. ITunes uses a non compressed file format so the music is clearer and crisper.

We are certainly getting off the subject here.. but you are wrong. Apple itunes uses ACC compression, which is compressed at the following bitrates,
  • AAC iTunes: 96, 128, 160, 192, 224, 320.
I think where you are mixing things up is that Apple uses ACC which is considered "lossless" compression, but it is compressed never the less, much like an MP3, but MP3 loses some of the highs and lows, which many people don't notice anyway.

Last edited:
I have just 1 Question. When is Fios comming to northeast PA?

I have seen you spell "coming" wrong in more than one message on satelliteguys.us and can no longer refrain from correcting you. It is not spelled "comming," it is spelled "coming."

Remember the old rule, if the word ends in a vowel, like 'come,' it would have one 'm' (coming), and if it ends in a non-vowel, it would have two 'm's. 'Drum' would be 'drumming.'

Anyway... if you go to Verizon FiOS TV - Check availability
you can put in your address and see if it is available. You can get on their email list and be notified when it is coming to your area.

We are certainly getting off the subject here.. but you are wrong. Apple itunes uses ACC compression, which is compressed at the following bitrates,
  • AAC iTunes: 96, 128, 160, 192, 224, 320.
I think where you are mixing things up is that Apple uses ACC which is considered "loseless" compression, but it is compressed never the less, much like an MP3, but MP3 loses some of the highs and lows, which many people don't notice anyway.

I stand corrected. However, there is a noticible difference between MPG compression and ACC if placed on a quality system and listened to side by side. Same goes for HD. Compression delays the frame sequences which results in blurring during heavy motion or screen sweeps. Hardly noticible unless viewed on quality equipment, but hardly is not non-noticible.

I have seen you spell "coming" wrong in more than one message on satelliteguys.us and can no longer refrain from correcting you. It is not spelled "comming," it is spelled "coming."

Remember the old rule, if the word ends in a vowel, like 'come,' it would have one 'm' (coming), and if it ends in a non-vowel, it would have two 'm's. 'Drum' would be 'drumming.'

Anyway... if you go to Verizon FiOS TV - Check availability
you can put in your address and see if it is available. You can get on their email list and be notified when it is coming to your area.
Sorry I will make sure it Never happends again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)