FiOS and Tivo

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Does anyone have Verizon FiOS with Tivos?

If my wife and I move where we are looking it will be in an area that does Verizon FiOS. I'm not a fan of rental fees for equipment. Would their cable card support 4 tuners?

Thank you!
Jason

Jason, we haven't had one single issue with FiOS and our Tivos; Cablecard works as advertised and yes, their multicard supports 4-tuners, and probably six, although we do not have a Roamio with 6-tuners. The one thing I really love about FiOS is their Cablecards are paired to your account and not a specific device as with almost all cable companies; therefore I can remove the Cablecard from the Tivo and place it in the Mits DLP or Sony HD DVR (prior to TVGOS going bye-bye) and it worked like a charm. Cable requires you to call in and have the cablecard paired to your new device.

The one thing I hate about FiOS is that they don't make a Tivo app for Video on Demand like Comcast does. As you may recall, I spend half of my time at my Virginia house and have a Tivo Premiere. The Xfinity app rocks! http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2300 I sure wish FiOS had something similar.

Right now I'm trying to justify the cost as I would be looking at the lifetime service for one basic Roamio (I'd upgrade the hard drive myself) and 2 minis. This would emulate what we have with Directv now. I want to say my monthly equip cost with Directv is $28 a month. The cableCARD is $5 with FiOS so I would be saving $23 a month on equipment fees.

This of course if if we even get to do this. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)