Fios Available in North Pinellas County?

vlj9r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Tampa Bay, Florida
I stopped by the Comp USA on Sunset Point Rd and Verizon had a table set up in the back of the store advertising the FIOS service. According the Verizon agent, they are getting ready to roll-out in Northern Pinellas. He was handing out flyers and collecting contact information.

Jerry
Clearwater

Thats great!

I am between S. Missouri Ave. and S. Highland Ave. does that count as North Pinellas?

Did they give any information about when? It is very annoying to get excited about something that won't happen for another year, I've already waited two.

Thats great!

I am between S. Missouri Ave. and S. Highland Ave. does that count as North Pinellas?

Did they give any information about when? It is very annoying to get excited about something that won't happen for another year, I've already waited two.

I'm hearing they will work their way in order all the way into St. Pete. Also just wanted to know if you eat at Stacey's Buffet that often. Ever since I moved to New Hampshire I miss this place even more as nothing like it exists here period. I mean no all you can eat american food buffet exists here. We do have tons of chinese buffets exist here thought but nothing that beat China Family on Seacrest which sadly isn't around anymore. Largo and Clearwater should be the next to start getting wired but again they are going in order kinda in a line ya know. Also just in case you wanted to know I used to live in Kents Place and I'm sure any Clearwater resident knows about this place. Oh and what crappy resturant do they have now between Outback Steakhouse shopping center and the Belcher Road light on East Bay Drive. Also did Firehouse Subs ever get out of that horrid shopping center with no parking because of that damn Starbucks next store on the corner of Starkey Road and East Bay Drive.

I'm hearing they will work their way in order all the way into St. Pete. Also just wanted to know if you eat at Stacey's Buffet that often. Ever since I moved to New Hampshire I miss this place even more as nothing like it exists here period. I mean no all you can eat american food buffet exists here. We do have tons of chinese buffets exist here thought but nothing that beat China Family on Seacrest which sadly isn't around anymore. Largo and Clearwater should be the next to start getting wired but again they are going in order kinda in a line ya know. Also just in case you wanted to know I used to live in Kents Place and I'm sure any Clearwater resident knows about this place. Oh and what crappy resturant do they have now between Outback Steakhouse shopping center and the Belcher Road light on East Bay Drive. Also did Firehouse Subs ever get out of that horrid shopping center with no parking because of that damn Starbucks next store on the corner of Starkey Road and East Bay Drive.

Sup guys? yea i would love to try out fios myself, i do know about a year and half ago i saw verizon diggin up the main road (i live like 2 mins from that road),(54th ave here in saint pete i live across of keneth city) and maybe i hope that had to do with fiber lines being dropped and installed, anybody has any idea when fios will b around? i to hear north pinellas is ready for deployment of the service and thats great for u guys (urgg and im like so close haha) but yea would b great on w/e info anybody could tell me, thanks in advance (my zipcode is 33709 if that helps)..pls excuse my english jic...ill b around

I'm going to stop by Comp USA later today to see if they have another FIOS rep. The one I spoke to is knew to the company and did not seem to have many details.

I'll be sure to post the answers here.

I stopped by Comp USA today but the Verizon rep was on break and no where to be found. At the table he had 2 FIOS brochures, 1 DSL brochure, FIOS mouse Pads, FIOS pens and a form to fill out if you are interested in signing up. One Brochure advertises FIOS internet starting at $39.99 per month with a 1 yr contract. It also reads, Sign up today For a Verizon FIOS Internet annual plan and receive $100 via a mail-in rebate. *

*"By mail, with new verizon fios internet activation with a 1 yr commitment at compusa 12-31-06 through 3-31-07." blah, blah, blah...

It also mentions upload speeds up to 5Mbps and download speeds up to 30Mbps.
Free, in-home installation by Verizon professionals.
"Connection speeds are between your location and the verizon central office serving your location."

The second brochure talks about the steps that will take place after placing the order. Like running underground fiber to you home if you phone line is buried or aerially if the y have to run it from a utility pole.

I live half a mile North of countryside mall along Summerdale and I have not seen verizon trucks or contractors laying down fiber. The only orange conduit I have seen was along SR580 just east of Kohls.

jr

Last edited:
I work in Tarpon Springs and they have been laying lots of lines along 19. There also doing it in Pasco, so I hope Port Richey gets it soon.

We used to go to eat there more back when it was called Homer's, nothing actually changed when the name changed except we just got tired of gas and stomach aches when we ate too much. :eek:

I don't know really about the other places because I haven't been out there in a while and if I had I wasn't paying attention.

What do you have there instead of Publix/Albertsons?

I stopped by Comp USA today but the Verizon rep was on break and no where to be found. At the table he had 2 FIOS brochures, 1 DSL brochure, FIOS mouse Pads, FIOS pens and a form to fill out if you are interested in signing up. One Brochure advertises FIOS internet starting at $39.99 per month with a 1 yr contract. It also reads, Sign up today For a Verizon FIOS Internet annual plan and receive $100 via a mail-in rebate. *

*"By mail, with new verizon fios internet activation with a 1 yr commitment at compusa 12-31-06 through 3-31-07." blah, blah, blah...

It also mentions upload speeds up to 5Mbps ad download speeds up to 30Mbps.
Free, in-home installation by Verizon professionals.
"Connection speeds are between your location and the verizon central office serving your location."

The second brochure talks about the steps that will take place after placing our order. Like running underground fiber to you home if you phone line is buried or aerially if the y have to run it from a utility pole.

I live half a mile North of countryside mall along Summerdale and I have not seen verizon trucks or contractors laying down fiber. The only orange conduit I have seen was along SR580 just east of Kohls.

jr

Did they advertise 5/2, 15/2 and 30/5 or 10/2, 20/5, 30/5?

Also I've been thinking,

Here in Clearwater around 2002 I think when GTE turned into Verizon(was GTE both a cable company and the phone?), they put up a huge multi satellite 50ft elliptical cband dish. Maybe Verizon and Knology share the same building because it used to be the same company and the dish was for Knology? Maybe they were getting ready for fios tv? Either way it looks like a good way to save money by sharing allot of equipment. But I could be wrong.

We used to go to eat there more back when it was called Homer's, nothing actually changed when the name changed except we just got tired of gas and stomach aches when we ate too much. :eek:

I don't know really about the other places because I haven't been out there in a while and if I had I wasn't paying attention.

Did they advertise 5/2, 15/2 and 30/5 or 10/2, 20/5, 30/5?

The brochure did not advertise any packages. It only talks about the maximum speeds.

Yup they switched from Homer's to Stacey's and vice versa more times than I can remember lol. Towards the end (ie last two years before I moved) they really improved but you must admit they had the best dessert bar I bet anywhere in the world for both size and quality. All you can eat buffet with both soda and coffee at a dinner price of less than 9 bucks each was a steal IMO. Also no tip is required but I still gave a few bucks to gals that picked up the plates and such. I used to eat everyday at Golden Corrall when they had the lunch special for all you can eat buffet with the drink for 4.99 between I think 1pm and 2:30pm M-F only. I can't even cook at home for that price...heck even fast food is the same price lol. It seems they only had that special to pad the sales figures so they could sell the franchise which they did do before I moved.

I'd say that Hannaford is like Publix and Sweetbay.
I'd say that Stop and Shop is like Winn-Dixie and Kash N Karry.

We have Shaw's which is the same company as Albertsons.

We also have a chain just in New Hampshire and Mass called Market Basket which is better and cheaper than Albertsons. I shop at Market Basket pretty much all the time.

We don't have many buffet places here but the Resturants here are far better than in Florida. I think the best place I've ever ate at is called Homestead Resturant which is in Londonderry, NH. I've never had food any better no matter what the cost but keep in mind the average meal price here is more around 16 bucks with I believe nothing much under 12 bucks but you easily get what you pay for here.

I'd say that Hannaford is like Publix and Sweetbay.
I'd say that Stop and Shop is like Winn-Dixie and Kash N Karry.

We have Shaw's which is the same company as Albertsons.

We also have a chain just in New Hampshire and Mass called Market Basket which is better and cheaper than Albertsons. I shop at Market Basket pretty much all the time.

We don't have many buffet places here but the Resturants here are far better than in Florida. I think the best place I've ever ate at is called Homestead Resturant which is in Londonderry, NH. I've never had food any better no matter what the cost but keep in mind the average meal price here is more around 16 bucks with I believe nothing much under 12 bucks but you easily get what you pay for here.

This is all very interesting but, other than the 'fiber' in the food, what does it have to do with Fios?

At this point I don't think anyone at Comp USA has a clue about FIOS. I stopped by Sat & Sun and there was no rep from Verizon FIOS. When I asked a CompUSA employee, he did not know why Verizon was not at the store.

I work in Tarpon Springs and they have been laying lots of lines along 19. There also doing it in Pasco, so I hope Port Richey gets it soon.

My mother in New Port Richey off Little Road, north of 54, near Trouble Creek-River Crossing Blvd, has had Verizon FIOS cable television and Internet since December 2006.

On the flip side, my father in law near Little and Jasmine checked availability in January and it wasn't available yet. I think it is still kind of a crap shoot but you should be able to get it soon.

I am excited about getting it here in North St. Pete, but it could be months or a few years at the rate they are going.

FIOS Rep was back at CompUSA. I have new handouts that show the prices of several packages. I would be happy to scan them if someone can post them some where.

I've scanned the pictures that vlj9r had and am hosting them. The link below are four jpg pictures with one being five megabytes and the others about one megabyte. So with that in mind I strongly urge anyone to use the "save as" feature to download these images.

http://www.longhornxp.net/FIOS/Back.jpg
http://www.longhornxp.net/FIOS/FIOS.jpg
http://www.longhornxp.net/FIOS/Front.jpg
http://www.longhornxp.net/FIOS/PriceGrid.jpg

These are the pictures above and please remember these are fairly big files and might take a while to download within your browser compared to a download.

I've scanned the pictures that vlj9r had and am hosting them. The link below are four jpg pictures with one being five megabytes and the others about one megabyte. So with that in mind I strongly urge anyone to use the "save as" feature to download these images.

http://www.longhornxp.net/FIOS/Back.jpg
http://www.longhornxp.net/FIOS/FIOS.jpg
http://www.longhornxp.net/FIOS/Front.jpg
http://www.longhornxp.net/FIOS/PriceGrid.jpg

These are the pictures above and please remember these are fairly big files and might take a while to download within your browser compared to a download.

man those are great!!!...im in south pinellas *saint Petersburg or by Kenneth city) does that apply to us?...i don't have a verizon phone and their search by adress is horrible...any info would b great...and thanks for the pics :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)